Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / ftp connect

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't connect to any site other than "www.darkbasic.com" because the example shows you how to do it. I tried connecting to another site, for the username i used "anonymous" for password I tried leaving it blank, and I tried "me@isp.com" but when I check the connection using "get ftp failure" it returns a one.

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2005 02:02
Try this snippet. Replace the 'xxx' values with proper values.

It will output directory listing.

Boo!
DK_
Years of Service
User Offline
it still didn't work.
I can't connect to any website. I tried entering "http://www.gamasutraexchange.com/" for the server "anonymous" for username and "me@isp.com" for password, and the program says can't connect. But, if I switch the server to "www.darkbasic.com" then I can connect. What do I put for the username and password for other web sites??

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2005 04:14
Try a .ftp address... like ftp.gamasutraexchange.com

"Lets migrate like bricks" - Me
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2005 06:57
First off, have you got the actual FTP address correct. It is different to the web address and you would not have http:wwww... in front of it. Have you been given the username and password to access the ftp in the first place? You can't just ftp into any old website with prior authorization. Yes, some have anonymous ftp access but you still need the correct ftp url.

Boo!
vid1987
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2005 00:39
You can connect to websites through darkbasic?? how would i connect to this website??

David

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 15:40:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 15:40:58