Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / First Person Shooter

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2003 09:26
Ok, I am fairly new to DBPro & am still using the demo, so I was wondering if there is any First Person Shooter Tutorials or Scripts out there that someone could point out, or...

If someone could help me to figure out what lines of code, I would be looking for, to make a model walk forwards, backwards, & strafe left & right, it would help greatly.

I am wanting to start small, but I dont like 2d, even though it is fun a lot, I cant draw, I can only model.

If someone could teach me, how to figure out which commands & other basic codes to use in which situations, it would help me to better understand how to script in Dark Basic.

Thanks,
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2003 19:08
in the help files there is a great walking example that shows you how to move an animated object around. Sliding collision is a great tutorial for building levels. Darkbasic.com under the Create tab has some ok tutorials about a first person shooter. There are some great tutorials that come with the program, one a complete fps game and in the handbook. Examine those, becasue they are very helpful.
Megaman Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2003 21:37
Hmmm, I guess I have to wait till I buy DBPro, before I can view it, at least its good to know some good stuff comes with the engine. I have to wait till Friday to order, because I need my next paycheck to get it.

Thanks, I guess I wait.

The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2003 23:22
My 20-line winner contains some useful fps code, but is hard to understand since I had to sacrifice readibility for size.

Here is some basic fps code:
Megaman Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2003 04:32
Thanks for the code, I will take a look at it, & maybe I can make some sense of it, but first, I have to go wipe my Hard Drive & re-install everything, as my comp is screwing up bad.

Thanks again,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 02:57:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 02:57:41