Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Textures with DarkBasic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I tried to load objects that I made with gmax that have a texture from a bitmap but the texture is not showing up! I would really appreciate some help or a link to explain me how to do that. Thanks!
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2005 12:09
try exporting that bitmap to the folder, then loading it and texturing the object with it.

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Ya, try texturing run-time (this means texturing while the program is running, not on the models itself)

www.war3forums.net

A.K.A Death Stalker
Newbie to 3d
Years of Service
User Offline
ok but only a part of my object is textured with a bitmap and if I texture it in DarkBasic all the object will be textured...
Clueless
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2005 13:23
Quote: "ok but only a part of my object is textured with a bitmap and if I texture it in DarkBasic all the object will be textured... "

Does your object have limbs? If so, you can texture individual limbs and achieve the effect you're looking for.
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Or just make two objects, make them both meshes, turn them into memblocks, save the memblocks to a file, use 1 memblock to get both meshes TOGETHER from the file, then turn that mesh into an object (don't know if it will work, but in theory, it should)

*note: texture one of the objects first

www.war3forums.net

A.K.A Death Stalker
Newbie to 3d
Years of Service
User Offline
I wonder how they do it with the models in darkbasic examples? They take a bitmap and texture a complete body? The limb and mesh ideas seem like good ones but I'm trying to apply texture in gmax so it would appear as it is in darkbasic is this possible? If not, thanks for the tips you gave me!

Sincerely,
Newbie to 3d
NoteJam
Years of Service
User Offline
Dark basic/pro does not have a texture face command, but you can texture objects. If you take your object, any face, and cut it from the object in a 3d edit program, then re-join so its a branch, or just a seperate object in the right position, then you can texture it in dbp.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 19:33:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 19:33:58