Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Zone Server

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
HOw would i go about making a simple Zone server script I am using DBPRO. If anyone has a sni-et for a simple one that would be fine to and i dont expect ot make a big time zone script right now i just wana now how ot go about making a simple one to where if a player clicks on a door or what not they will go to a different zone "part of a city"
RiiDii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2005 02:59
I don't think there is a "simple" way of doing this. You can clear out all your objects and graphics and load in the new stuff for the new zone.

Another option is to have a different .exe file for each zone. Then when you "open a door" to another zone, you save all the pertenant information to a text file (encoded if you like), run the next zone's .exe and finally end itself. Then the new zone executes and loads the text file data. This would be one way of handling Very Large zones.

"Droids don't rip your arms off when they lose." -H. Solo

REALITY II

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 15:40:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 15:40:26