Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Tutorials for complete newbies

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2005 18:30
Hi there,

I am brand new to DBP, having been using a click and drag game development program for the last couple of years (GameMaker).

One of the things that I really liked about GM (apart from the simplicity) was that the author had made tutorials/walkthroughs designed for complete newbies that actually walked you through putting together a simple game in various genres - platform, maze, shooter, etc. - from scratch. This gave me a pretty comprehensive overview of at least the basic techniques of putting together a game, and a foundation of knowledge to build on.

Is there anything similar in existence for DBP? I have already downloaded the tutorials available from TGC's site, but these seem to have more to do with specific techniques rather than walking through general principles for complete noobs like me.

Thanks for your time,
jd

Smith & Wesson - the original point & click interface
GameKit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2005 22:37
Welcome to the DarkBASIC community!
There is a really good tutorial 'stickied' to the top of this board. It's titled "My First Pong Game" and you can find it by following this link http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=22030&b=7.
The best way to learn DarkBASICPro is to read through the manual and learn what each of the commands do. Then just work your way up from simple text games to full fledged 3D games... Also, feel free to post any questions on this forum the people here are sure to help you out.

SAJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi I printed out someones code on how to make an info page it was all totally messed up. I can do all of the writing but i can not figure out how to put the boxes in the game that you type your info into.

Thanks
SAJ
Cloud Strife
Years of Service
User Offline
wow me and you are alike then, i been at darkbasic for bout 4 days now

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 15:37:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 15:37:36