Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Syndicate - Remastered [WIP] thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2005 12:26 Edited at: 28th Mar 2005 01:15

The team:.
Game Designer: Wiggett
Programmer/modler: Mustrix
Conceptart/texturer: Jonny Ree

[A quick note before we get started]
This thread is created now, a bit before time to keep Wiggett updated on the progress we're doing. Sinse he is unable to come to msn its getting quite hard to get the information to him.. and to show him new work, therefor I'm creating this to keep him updated.. and ofcourse show everyone the progress as the game develops.

This Thread will change a lot in the days to follow, sinse a lot of information will be added to the top thread.. I would like Wiggett to write a smal introduction to this thread telling us a bit about the plans he has for the Syndicate remastered.. Mustrix will hopefully also add a bit as he is working on the level editor, which is nearly complete. My job however is concept.. which will be updatet regulary. Now.. I'm gonne leave the information to wiggett and I'm pretty sure it will be added very soon.. for now I'm gonna post two concept pices for the game. Dont mind the render as its done quickly and its the concept that counts.

[ Actual content ]

Concept Art: By Jonny Ree
City Scape:.
http://www.wyrdlife.com/cyber.jpg

One of the Syndicate Fractions:.
http://www.wyrdlife.com/concept/syndicate_religious_fraction_render.jpg

Models By Mustrix
Riot Guard W.I.P:.
http://img238.exs.cx/img238/9549/riotguard1ai.jpg

As I said.. a lot of stuff will be added in the next few days!

Thanks so much for the time.. and Wiggett; get your life back on track as soon as possible.. I know you can
Nack
Years of Service
User Offline
W..o...w.....i..am left...speechless..... this is such....good quality. Must get my games up to this standard lol, this looks totally awesome! w..o..ww

I have NOT abandon these ^......^_^V hehe
EFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2005 13:10
Holy crap, you're a great artist. Totally reminds me of Feng Zhu (one of the greatest video game artisit's of all time). Can't wait to see more.

-
Ignore the avatar...
The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2005 13:46
nice work! Although, that there second guy looks a bit like the "shape shifter" spy in imperium galactica.... or maybe I'm on drugs

Home of DOOP, Strata Works, and Height
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2005 13:47
This owns.

Crazy Donut Productions
Current Project: A Redneck game
Monzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2005 15:21
This sounds really promising This actually gives me the impression that a quality production will be completed. Unlike the other hundreds of unfinished "big plans"-projects.

And the artwork of here looks really amazing!

You have my full mental support
Jonny Ree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2005 19:18
Its great to see such interest even though whats posted is so little. I thank you all for such nice comments on this.. and I'm sure Wiggett will brief the thread with more information on how the game will work.

EFX:.
I must say even beeing refered to in the same sentance as Feng Zhu is quite an honour.. I have great respect for him.

The Wendigo:.
Hum guess I gotta try and look that up then

Anyway, thanks a lot people.. and keep visiting and posting as the thread and game develops
Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2005 22:41
WOAH that's some awesome drawings... this is really looking pro

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice work!

Have a heart and join my message board.And now my messageboards work again!Woot!
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2005 23:10
Got any in game pics?

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2005 23:41
not yet, once we get the world editor up i will get mustrix to send some shots of that. and when i get soem free time i will write up a snazzy looking game design doco.

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2005 23:42
Okay

It's all well and good having fancy looking concept art, but it's the real game that's the acid test

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Vai mamar na pila
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2005 02:16
i think this cammed to earlier, i currenlty have no time to work on the editor has im modelling crow's futuristic furniture, wich will bring up some money to the table, ill try do some overall progress on everything during the weekend.

sig removed due to obscene content
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2005 15:58
this takes time so here is one i prepared earlier.

Syndicate: Remastered

Syndicate : remastered is a remake of bullfrog’s classic hit Syndicate™. The remake is a first person shooter using squad tactics to help accomplish missions to boost your company’s influence in a dark future of Earth. The game will have you completing missions around the globe in major cities as well as outskirt refineries and other locales, ranging from sabotage to assassination and even to infiltration. Syndicate : remastered will retain the strategy of the original games, but will also provide the fast paced action from a completely new viewpoint. Using the syndicate squad command structure, you will be able to travel as a group with life-like path finding, as well as perform complex manouvers including formations, covering fire, ambushing and many others. The game world will consist of city segments for each mission, allowing you to travel across the whole city by connection tunnels. The objects in the syndicate world are also interactive, ranging from door controls to computer terminals, as well as vehicles and lights. Espionage is key in the Syndicate universe, so many missions will require stealth manouvers ranging from hiding in the shadows to silenced weapons to not attract the attention of the lawmen. Most of the future world is clean and upper class, where the streets are patrolled by law enforcement, and small habitats of greenery are available for the public. However there are also the degenerate sectors, where the lowlife scum of the Syndicate world inhabit. These sectors are often grimy, and the smog covers the sky, draping the sectors in an eternal night, where no greenery will be able to grow. These sectors are filled with criminals, and many police fear to tread in them without an extreme armory.

BF game programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2005 23:24
looks like a cool game ill keep lookin at this!

james bond rules
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2005 23:27
Looking very nice, ill be watching this one for screenies !
Vai mamar na pila
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2005 23:11
i drop this out, im out, out out out, f*ck it !

Estes Forums é só pegas vadias k levam no cu, filhos das putefias ranhosas, e putos de 13 anos k enfiam dedos nas nalgas e lambem,lembam me o caralhino todo, k eu depois venho me na vossa cara!
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Mustrix check your email. And also why did you quit this project?

Urbia Rising: A platformer. Coming in a long time.
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
whell the 1st 2 pictures is maked in Photoshop/3d max

the last one maked by maya (i think)

whell i love the graphic

By the time you finish reading this, you realize you have wasted 5sec. of your life!
click here to return your 5sec.
Jonny Ree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2005 07:38
well I'm glad you like them.. though the first two are actually just made in painter 9.0.. and the thid was made in 3Dsmax I belive.

Anyway.. this project took a swift turn to a hold, as Mustrix is no longer on this project.. I have not spoken to Wiggett as to what he wants to do.
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2005 07:41 Edited at: 17th Apr 2005 07:43
do u have any IN GAME screen shots?

By the time you finish reading this, you realize you have wasted 5sec. of your life!
click here to return your 5sec.
Jonny Ree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2005 07:45
Well, as Mustrix was the one who had the editor etc.. we currently have no ingame shots worth showing. This game is on hold for now :/
Spyrewolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys,
i stumbled across your project over the internet and found your doing a syndicate remake,

our differs that the story is real dark in a quasi-gothic-cyber-punk-esque feel...we have stripped away the current story and have reinvented the story.

my friend and i too are both working on a similar title, and game play mechanics seem similar too, ours is 3rd/1st person shooter, we have been working for a couple of years(on and off), it looks like you guys are ahead of us however.

I am not using the DB engine, however i was interested to see people seem to be as enthusiastic as we are about getting a syndicate remake done,

i've posted a couple of images showing off what we have accomplished and would be interested in sharing of Idea's or even a collaboration of effort to make a syndicate remake worthy of what fans have wanted for years.

jus passin thru...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 06:15:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 06:15:53