Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Connect exe with html

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2005 02:36
Hello i was wondering how people connect exe games with html documents like say if i played the game and got a score on the game then closed the game and could see my score on the website anybody know how to do that? plz respond

David
SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2005 02:59
ftp put file

Join The SageTech Forums! www.sagetechsoftware.com
vid1987
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2005 03:31
A little more information plz?? can i get an example

David
Three Score
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2005 09:40
actually u have to have an ftp account with your host and stuff
if u dont want to use ftp then u could try creating a php script and sending it your highscore info such as

and you can enter a web address into it and it will start it in the default browser
script.php is the php script ? signals command line for the script 200 can eb the highscore _ is a seperator since i dont think commas work online MYNAME is the users name and using that and some php knowledge you could have it see if the score is more than everyone elses and generate a file called highscores.html and voila

dont ask me for any help on php as i dont know a lot on php

X-Patch x-patch.exe(gui):75% make.exe:5% x-patch.dll(runtime dll):0% developed on win xp home sp2
timthepig
Years of Service
User Offline
I spoke about this before, it could be done using the GET method - though I know ASP - PHP has the same functionality. It would be a case of passing the variable into the address line -

http://www.crustybacon.com/hiscore.asp?playerID=asswipe,score=500(though you could specify those variables in DB)

This page would then process this to the database\text file as applicable.

Have a look at this website for tutorials

http://www.w3schools.com/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 15:30:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 15:30:06