Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / SET OBJECT INTERPOLATION - how to?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2003 08:44
im reading the manual and i come across this, "SET OBJECT INTERPOLATION" and i dont know what it is. can someone explain to me please?
--------
I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO PROGRAM DARK BASIC!
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2003 16:20
it's supposed to determine the speed or fuidity that you objects move from one appended animation to another, in other words, you've got an idle animation and a walk animation, depending on the value given to the set object interpolation command, the idle animation switches to walk more or less smoothly, at least that's what i understand about it!

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2003 16:30
Okay, Hexgear is completely right, but for anyone who would like that more newbie-friendly terms, here goes:

The "Set Object Interpolation" command sets how long it takes an object to change from one frame to another when you use something like the "Set Object Frame" command. If your interpolation value is 50, it will take two syncs for your animation to reach the frame you told it to go to. A value of 25 will take four syncs, 10 will ten syncs, 1 will take one-hundred syncs, etc, etc.

As the animation is interpolated over this time (ie, the computer calculates in-between frames for you), it is useful for smooth transitions between animations.

Hope this helps the less advanced users.

"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2003 17:55
couldn't have said it better myself

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
kfoong
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2003 01:34
i think i understand...

--------
Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2003 16:43
If not, just ask, and we'll try to confuse you a little more...

kfoong
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2003 22:57

no i dont understand

--------
Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2003 23:38
You shouldn't really need to use the interpolation that much, anyway. For the most part, it's use comes in when you've got two or more sets of animations for something (stand, run, walk, etc) and your object switches from one set to another. To avoid everything snapping into the places dictated by the first frame of the new set, you can get DB to smoothly switch over more than one frame.

Of course, it does have more creative and diverse uses, but I'm the wrong person to ask about that...

kfoong
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2003 08:47
ok thanks!

--------

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 02:33:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 02:33:16