Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Rotation in 3 axes to match another object's orientation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

I have two objects, one currently represented by the variable POINTER, the other represented by the variable MOVER.

I can rotate POINTER in all 3 axes, to point it in any direction. At any time I press Return, and then MOVER will slowly turn to face in the same direction as POINTER. It is the delay part which stumps me, since simply using Set Object To Object Orientation MOVER, POINTER works fine but does it instantly rather than gradually.

Now, the problem is... it works once, then every rotation after that seems unpredictable.

I suspect that I am missing something basic.

Here is what I have so far:

Any advice?

ZnA
Fluffy Paul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2003 18:27
Turn, roll and pitch are all flight sim commands. Have you tried using the Euler commands?
You know: "rotate object o, z#, y#, x#"
and all that (assuming object rotation is ZYX order and not XYZ).

Ending a sentence with a French word is so passé
Stevo
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi I'm not really sure what you are trying to do but this bit of code is something I was doing for keeping wheels on a car. Obviously the spheres would be replaced with wheels.
I made some with milkshape which also included rotation.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 02:46:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 02:46:28