Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / camera circles player

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2005 11:46 Edited at: 30th Mar 2005 11:48
is it possible (in DBC) to make the camera circle around the 3d object that I am using for a player. I need it to change based on mouse movement. (ex. mouse moves to the right 1, camera circles 1 degree)

also, is there any way to turn (not rotate) a limb. Like the turn object and turn camera commands but with limbs, cause I could do the camera thing using that too

thanks in advance
The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Well rotating an turning are pretty similar if you use them right. And if you have a 3rd person camera set up then just detect if the camera is close to left side of the screen or right and inc or dec a varaible for the angle of the camera.

[href]www.vapourhost.com/~flyer[/href]
Ric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2005 04:52
There are different ways of achieving orbital motion. You could attach the camera to the end of a hidden limb and rotate the limb, but for more flexibility I would use maths to position the camera at the right place. The maths you need is the equation for a circle: x=radius*sin(angle), z=radius*cos(angle)

Here's an example:

Antidote
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2005 12:30
I just took a look at this code and it was really helpfull

thanks

I have know idea what sflm stands for

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 17:30:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 17:30:54