Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Newbie Menu > Load .dba

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2005 16:54
Hi im new, as the post suggests . Im currently working my way through the "Begginers Guide To Dark Basic" booklet and am currently at page 310, Chapter 11.

Iv just completed a Slide Shuffle game (where you randomize numbers 1 - 16 and must slide them around untill there in the correct order), i have been playing with the little sniplet of code it gave you and added scores, high scores, different sizes and better images.

I was wondering, i want to make a menu at the start to load up each level (Easy, Med and Hard) when i click on a special area of a Bitmap (the screen). I have the three different skills at the moment on three different source codes:

Shuffle1.dba
Shuffle2.dba
Shuffle3.dba

My main sorce code that i want to use as the main menu currently looks empty and bare as:

LOAD BITMAP "media/gfx/main.jpg", 0

WAIT KEY
END

Obviously needing some code in there . But what code would load the .dba files and what can i use to locate it to a mouse clicked area (say a box are for example).

--

I hope my explanation is not too complicated and that someone can help me, Thank You . (And before someone says it, i know im too impatient to read on just yet ).

WwW.Wo33eR.CoM - Personal website
WwW.Oblivion-Network.CoM - Company Website
Dodo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2005 04:22
I think the command you are looking for is #include. No, that is a not a typo, the hash is supposed to be there. The syntax is as folows:

as for the mouse, you would have to use mousex(), mousey() and mouseclick(). You can look these up in the help files if you wish.

Part of solving the problem is actually noticing that the problem is there in the first place

Dsarchy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2005 05:02

there is a basic "button", you can have roll overs but that basicaly means if the xpos and ypos of the mouse is above 100 and below 200 then do this..... (this being something you have to add)

hope this helps, Dan
Wo33eR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2005 02:18
Thank you both , You have been a great help.

WwW.Wo33eR.CoM - Personal website
WwW.Oblivion-Network.CoM - Company Website

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 17:26:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 17:26:37