Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Newbie Notepad programme - I call it Keypad (W.I.P)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2005 04:44 Edited at: 17th May 2005 04:03
I have got quite far in my simple keypad programme but i would like some ideas of how to make it better
To download it so far goto the bootom of this page
http://www.freewebs.com/jack386-mrnaughty/sgames.htm
On it when you start a new document to stop and save press s then enter on a new line, and a .mrnaughty document is something i made Please post helpful comments
thx
Nitrox

Nitrox is the new and improved me
Digital Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2005 06:22 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2005 06:23
I have now amde an update so when writing you can change colors have a look at the attached to see how
And could somebody tell me how I could turn it so it reads as the color as well thx

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Digital Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2005 07:07
Anyone got any comments at all!

TheOneRing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2005 07:28 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2005 07:29
Well, its coming along. To do stuff like save/read colors, you'll need to implement some technique to associate RGB information with text. HTML does this with tags, RTF (rich text) does this with tag-like modifiers. Basically it boils down to storing some type of semi-unique code to tell your program that color information is coming.

Example of possible code for color red text (stored in .mrnaughty):

\{color: 255,0,0}\This is red text.\{color: 0,0,0}\Back in black. This is \\{weight: bold}\\bold\\{weight: normal}\\ text.

Not the best scheme in the universe, seeing how I just pulled that outta my a*$... But you get the idea, yes?

Cheers!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 04:27:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 04:27:31