Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / mesh / terrain help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi - sorry if this is a dumb question but I can't figure it out and help & codebase & forum searches came up with nothing...

I've think I've got the hang of matrixes, so I thought I'd try out a mesh.
I've got my hands on a copy of geoscape, and I've made a pretty spiffy mesh + texture. I've exported the mesh to a .x and the texture to a .bmp.

I assume I load it into DPB with

How do I apply my .bmp texture to it?

Also, is there an easy alternative to get ground height when using a mesh instead of a matrix? (Was hoping not to tackle collision detection just yet1)
Krad2004
Years of Service
User Offline
try using LOAD OBJECT instead of LOAD MESH, then you can use the TEXTURE OBJECT command
Basic brain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2005 20:54 Edited at: 7th Apr 2005 21:45
ahh, hadn't thought of that - I'll try it out tonight.
Thanks.

07/04 - Thanks for the help - that's working rather nicely now - having troubles with my texture - it's way too lo res so decided to redo it from scratch, but its starting to come together. should be finished over the weekend.
I'm so happy with it I might even post a picture...

Can anyone help with the walking on the mesh ala "get ground height" for a matrix?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 17:19:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 17:19:17