Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Bejewelled

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2005 18:04
Hi,

I am new to coding in Darkbasic pro and need a slight bit of help.

I was wondering if anyone had tried to do a version of the puzzle game bejewelled?

I wanted to have a go at making a version of it myself for my family to play in their spare time.

If anyone knows a link for it, or can give me some hints for where to start that would be great.

For anyone who doesnt know how the game works, it fills a grid with jewels of different types and you can swap around 2 jewels next to each other vertically or horizontally, but it only sticks if you can create a line of 3 or more jewels horizontally or vertically. If it works then the jewels dissapear and the above drop down and more are added to the top of the grid. it needs to check to see what matches can be made if any, and if there isnt then it ends.

Lots of extras can be added to it, i just want to try and get the grid working with the jewels first.

my idea so far is to have a bitmap with different jewels in it, and a matrix made on the screen.

Need to cut up the images and number them and place them on the matrix grids depending on the number.

Thats just theory though, i dont have much of an idea on how to do any of that.
Underworld 1020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2005 00:45 Edited at: 7th Apr 2005 00:47
I'm actually working on that right now...take a look:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=47579&b=8

That's my second version, but I'm going to be working on it for a while, however you can actually play the first version:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=46795&b=5

If you want I can help you a little on how to create a basic bejeweled type game .

Epsilon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2005 10:07
Hey cool, sorry been away for a bit.

I am trying to do a shuffle image game at the moment, something basic that is sort of similar to this game.

I havent got very far though, all i have done so far is to take a 1600*100 pixel bitmap and cut it up and display the sections on the screen in a 4*4 grid.

Need to figure out how to shuffle them, mouse clicked on them and moving them about, all sorts of stuff.

If you want to help with bejewelled im all ears, i will take a look at your work and get back to you
Underworld 1020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2005 00:42
Actually, a shuffle game is a good idea to make because it will increase your skill. I never actually made one, but here's some stuff that might be helpful.

To Split An Image Into Four Parts:

ClickBox Function:

For the code to split an image into four parts make sure that you change the bitmap name into whatever the actually bitmap file name is that you want to load before you run the code.

For the box function should be put at the end of your code and not in the main loop. Its a very simple function it just returns a value of 1 or 0. You just got to put the coordniates in first and then what mouse button you want.

So, like this:

That should get you started with your shuffle game, let me know if you need any help .

Epsilon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2005 04:32
Hey cool i didnt know about click boxes, i was doing it a different way.

Ill post the code some time soon when im definately stuck, i just have one problem at the moment.

When i use Sync On in my code the game runs with a black screen and if i take it out then the image displays??

Not sure why it does that because i have done the tutorials with sync on in the code and they work fine.
Underworld 1020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2005 21:17
Three things, make sure Sync On is at the top of your code and out ofthe main loop. Make sure you have the Sync command at the end of your main loop, put still in it. And the last thing is make sure you put the Paste Image command at the top of your main loop, but still in it.

Like This:

See if that works .

Epsilon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2005 03:22
thanks for that, i havent had a look at this for a bit, been busy with other stuff. I will get back to you with my code in the near future

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 17:33:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 17:33:16