Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Multiplayer Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2005 04:33
I've used a Pong game from the Codebase and changed it around a bit (for example added mouse support). The next thing I'd like to do is be able to play it with a friend over internet.

How would I do this? How do I pass his paddle location to me and make sure it's at the correct position? Currently I am using relative coordinates so it only says "move paddle 3 pixels to left" and not "paddle to coordinate 345". Maybe this relative coordinate can be send over internet too but I'm unsure.

A fact is that I'm new to network programming and am unsure what to do. I have attached my sourcecode in this post.

I hope someone is helpfull and will help me fix this multiplayer problem.

Ik zou groug Nederlandse mensen in mijn msn willen hebben die mij kunnen helpen met het leren van DBpro.
Mr Bigger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2005 11:51
Your code did'nt post in the source button.Try again.
You might also try searching the codebase for multiplayer and find
some fine examples to learn from.I doubt anyone will want to write your program for you when they could be writing for themselves.
I would try to help if you had a more specific problem.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 17:32:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 17:32:18