Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi i am 14 and have bought basic pro professional, i have never programmed before but i have used game creator which u drag and drop things to make 2d games. I would like to make a turn based rpg but have no idea where to start can anyone help me?

Thx alot -Dusty
BF game programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2005 11:23
yep i can help try and think of an idea for your character and the settings and the wepons enimies etc... then start whith the basics cheak out anime bloods code snippet form and search for rpg there are lots of things on there you can go to anime bloods other one and get a fully coded rpg from rpgamer there. then make your battle engine then code it . but the best thing to do is search on all the fourms for rpg and look at them some are useless but others are good thats about all i can think of at the moment but ill tell you if i think about anything else. hope this helps .

james bond rules
UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
How about this you learn to program first you just can't start off making an RPG it dosnt work like that but if it did it'd be cool....but anyhow you gotta start small i suggest looking though the code base and looking for tutorials this way you'll learn fairly quickly and beable to make something within a few days even if it isnt the most impressive thing in the world the first step to learning to program is the biggest one.

When we talk to god, we're praying. When god talks to us, we're schizophrenic.
Schizophrenic beats eating alone.
Ace Of Spades
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2005 15:19
Quote: "How about this you learn to program first you just can't start off making an RPG it dosnt work like that but if it did it'd be cool....but anyhow you gotta start small i suggest looking though the code base and looking for tutorials this way you'll learn fairly quickly and beable to make something within a few days even if it isnt the most impressive thing in the world the first step to learning to program is the biggest one."

That is one long *** sentance
Dusty
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok will do that ty for the advice, i'll just put the maps and char sketches to one side for the moment cyas -dusty

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 17:29:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 17:29:19