Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help!!! please

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi bought dark basic pro and want to make a turn based rpg and have no idea how to go about making it. I have planned out how the game will start and a basic story line its the actual coding part that i cant do hehe , anyways if theres anyone who is willing to take me through it step by step it would be much appreciated.

-thx, dusty
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2005 07:17
Ok, first have you looked at the room demo that is in the project file install on your hard drive.

Of corse if your are not making a 3d one then this might not help.

However look at the demos, there maybe somthing there that you can mess about with to work out how something's are done like input commands, loading backdrops.

it all takes time I have be doing this since the 80's and still trying and finding new ways to do things.

The main thing is [b]Have fun doing it.

In Space No One can Hear You Scream! (When your comm Line is cut?)
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2005 07:32
My advice is similar to HowDo. Take a step back and look at some of the tutorials first. You'll find them here...

http://developer.thegamecreators.com/?f=dbpro_tutorials

It doesn't matter if they are not related to your game, you'll learn plenty.

BatVink
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2005 08:25
ill help you, where do you want to start?

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
Dusty
Years of Service
User Offline
Its ok i should really learn to do this myself i guess, but thx, im gonna go through thousands of tutorials by the way now

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 17:26:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 17:26:00