Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Artists needed for resurrected MMORPG

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am reopening my DarkBASIC-based MMORPG project that was called "Nobis Lacuna." It is now being revamped and has been renamed "FluX."

FluX forums/details: http://a7r3yu.orgfree.com/ipb/index.php?showforum=3

Here is a quick overview of the game:
Quote: "FluX is a MMORPG (Massively-Multiplayer-Online-Role-Playing-Game like Everquest) I have had in my mind for over a year. In fact, in November 2004 I had a similar project going, entitled "Nobis Lacuna." FluX is an extension of my original idea, except this time I have more control over my project. Before, I had way too much going on in my life to be able to oversee the design, creation, and implementation of such a game. Now, I am going to put up all the game basics FIRST, then recruit graphic designers; lastly, I will start the code phase. This way, I will be able handle things better as it is more organized.

FluX integrates all the features I like, but haven't ever seen in other MMORPG's. The melee fighting system plays like a classic 3-D fighter, the ranged fighting system feels more like a first-person-shooter, and the magic/ability system is so dynamic there are limitless 'spells' available. Players can spend time crafting items, then selling them in their down-time. Others may choose to group with friends and attempt to kill hoards of monsters.

All information, save the code, of the game will be made public. This project is my way of getting my ideas "out there," and hopefully I will find others who share my vision and help me create the game. If not, perhaps a larger developer will like what they see and create it themselves. I'm not looking to make money or be well-known - I just want to play a MMORPG that has everything I want - and more."

I am currently in the pre-production stage and am openly recruiting graphic artists, more specifically:
- Concept artists
- 3D artists/animators
- Texture artists
- Mapmakers

I found many excellent coders from TGC forums a year ago during Nobis Lacuna, also; so, anyone who feels they can contribute to the project is welcome to join - for now, however, I am only openly recruiting for graphics.

Please contact me if you have any questions - all relevant information can be found in the FluX forums (linked above).

My contact information: http://a7r3yu.orgfree.com/ipb/index.php?showuser=1

[A7r3yu]
Ace Of Spades
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2005 14:45
Not many people will be into this concept unless you can show a screeny with a WORKING online demo
ionstream
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2005 14:57
The more posts we get like this, the less funny it gets...

now its sad...

At any rate, I got to post before it was locked! Yay.

Ace Of Spades
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2005 15:16 Edited at: 6th Apr 2005 15:43
Well just to make sense of it all:

I made an MMORPG a while back with DBP. So if you actually want to recruit a team then I suggest you take a look and make sure you can at least accomplish something like this on your own first.

Here is a working demo(MAX 200 users / Server). I will have the default server running for you all night to test it out.

Download http://www.teamdarkknights.com/MysticalFantasy.exe
Called: "Mystical Fantasy"...may take some time to load.

[EDIT]also, it is EXTREMELY compressed with my compression prog
[EDIT2]Well it appears dbp is not compiling correct or somethiing...will try to fix that.
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, that's Coder David's Website.

Urbia Rising: A platformer. Coming in a long time.
David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2005 21:15
Mystical Fantasy:

" Image does not exist at line 11 "

Man, I was lookin forward to that!

P:2.4ghz /HD: 120 GB/ GeForce FX 5600 128meg / WinXP Professional SP2
A7r3yuX
Years of Service
User Offline
I think I remember my main coders from a year ago: Xanatus (client) and Jimmy (server). I met them on this site's forums. Betocampos was the lead concept artist.

Anyway, if anyone was around last November, they probably remember those people and my old project (Nobis Lacuna) - it got to the alpha testing stage, that is, we had a working server and client where you could walk around and chat. A few days after I bought the collision detection .DLL I was in a pretty bad car accident and (among other things) I stopped working on the project. The only things I had left were the few hard copies I was smart enough to print out. All concept art, alpha clients, screenshots, and extended details were lost.

So, yea, that's some more details of what went on - this isn't some brand new project I've never done before. I headed it for several months and things were going quite well. Hopefully I can find people who want to help out again. =)

[A7r3yu]
Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2005 23:09
*sigh* read the stickies...

...and $5 says Jeku will be the one to lock it

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2005 05:07 Edited at: 7th Apr 2005 05:09
How can a MMORPG be "resurrected" if it wasen't ever started in the first place?

The mind boggles at the stupidity.

Nice name btw. "A7r3yu"
I would try to pronounce it, if I could bother.

My cat! My cat is on fire! Dear god someone help!
A7r3yuX
Years of Service
User Offline
Yea, I know, how crazy! I mean, having a team of 14 people working on a project doesn\'t mean it evern started. LOL, I\'m so dumb! Just because we had a working server and alpha client where you could walk around the game world and chat doesn\'t mean we started a project. Damn, I feel SO SILLY!

A7r3yu = Atreyu. It\'s \"leetspeak\" or \"hacker-talk\" or whatever you wanna call it. Of course, you don\'t know that, cuz...well, I can only assume you\'re a lamer; the exact reason you don\'t know that I can\'t really say.

Anyway, I now remember how the majority of people on these forums are total fatties and idiots and all threads end up getting off-topic way too fast...jeez. Well, this is boring. I guess this will get 'locked' now that it is totally useless.

[A7r3yu]
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2005 06:35
megaton, constant flames like this don't help anything.

On the same token A7r3yuX, you should calm down and not panic. If you're trying to create a game, you need to be a leader. A good leader needs to handle situations professionally. Don't give up on this project quite yet. If you did indeed have a working version of the game, try to get one of your former teammaters to perhaps share the .exe or post some screens. Most(if any) hobbyists won't dedicate a single minute to a project like this, unless they truly know it will go somewhere.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly known as Yellow)
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2005 06:55
Quote: "Anyway, I now remember how the majority of people on these forums are total fatties and idiots"

1. Speak for your self.
2. Your not a majority.

"Lets migrate like bricks" - Me
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2005 07:11 Edited at: 7th Apr 2005 07:12
Quote: "A7r3yu = Atreyu. It's "leetspeak" or "hacker-talk" or whatever you wanna call it. Of course, you don't know that, cuz...well, I can only assume you're a lamer; the exact reason you don't know that I can't really say."

Sorry, but people who have l337 names are lamers.

Quote: "Anyway, I now remember how the majority of people on these forums are total fatties and idiots"

I can see you've put alot of thought into your game from (your forums) threads with lots of information etc..., but, you won't impress anyone like that. Even if written in anger, that just comes off as confrontational and rude.

Dumbo and Cool - back on track! 2 level demo and screens in WIP board, 5mb! Go on... have a look.
Oneka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2005 02:45
whats with all the / ? learn how to type >_> and that
Quote: " "Anyway, I now remember how the majority of people on these forums are total fatties and idiots""

Iam not fat and iam not a idiot........bah thats meh 2 cents ALB3suX
w/e it is...

Making better games everday!
Oh yeah and just so you know its Oh-nek-a not One-ka!
Ace Of Spades
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2005 03:16

Fat? Hardly

Idiot? Erm...maybe?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 04:22:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 04:22:20