Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 3d model problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2005 04:37
In this screen it shows a soldier and a gun both of which are tetured but their is a strange whiteness on them. it is not from a light and this only happens on some of the 3d models I use. Whats the problem?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2005 05:12
Could be your graphics card: I had this problem for a long time, before realising that the driver just needs updating. If you don't think its that, then check there are no lights directly next to or above the model.

Also: To single out your graphics as a problem, use the SET OBJECT command to make your object insensitive to light. If its still white, then it could be your graphics.

Hope this helped, but I feel strangely under-qualified to be advising people about their problems, so I could be wrong.

David (Lightning Studios)

P:2.4ghz /HD: 120 GB/ GeForce FX 5600 128meg / WinXP Professional SP2
Nameless
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2005 06:27
Thanks Lightning Studios but I don't think its my graphics card because only part of the model is white in this screen. also I did the set object thing and it didn't work. Any other suggestions?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
dre
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2005 10:12
Nobody can really be sure at this point. Your best try would probably be to post the problematic models for download for other people to try, along with some of your code. If it works fine on other machines, then it's a vid card problem.

im not tall, youre just short
Soy Cocktail
Years of Service
User Offline
I have had the same problem before. It wasn't will all the models i loaded though. I made a basic level in cartography shop, saved it as .x loded it and it was fine. I then loaded a model included in the examples that come with dbp. The level I made was just fine, but the loaded model had white on it like the models in that picture. I am not completely sure, but I believe it has something to do wiht the ambient light level. Try messing around with the "set ambient light" command. Just put a percentage after that command for the level of ambient light. I think it should be set at 100. Just a guess though.

When life hands you lemons go buy some oranges to make orange juice, and stop expecting everything to be given to you.
Dark Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2005 20:32 Edited at: 8th Apr 2005 20:33
Ive had the same problem before...you need to to texture the object manually. And it worked for me!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 17:28:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 17:28:11