Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / All about a matrix

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2005 18:50
Anyone seen the previwer for TreemagikG2? the lanscape is fantastic. I'm pretty new to darkbasic but i'd love to be able to create something similar for an RPG that i'm making with someone. But i don't know how to do it. randomize just creates a jagged landscape, i want soft hills and it to look smooth. and to texture different parts of it like higher parts would be rock while lower parts would be grass.
I tried using magic world but it keeps freezing and MatEdit baffles me to no end
Can anyone help me?
Basic brain
Years of Service
User Offline
MatEdit furstrated the hell out of me too...
I tried the demos of a few things - until I found geoscape. So far I think it's great - the best package I've found for creating landscapes (all hail TGC)
It can export to a DB matrix (Although I haven't tried this yet)...I've mostly been fooling around with .x meshes.

http://geoscape.thegamecreators.com
Kelz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2005 06:12
I experimented a bit with geoscape need to actually read up on how to use it it my spare time (hahaha)
I was looking to see if anyone knew how to code the matrix rather than using an editor.
Foxy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2005 14:49
Ahhh if you are looking to make large rolling landscapes then you wouldn't want to code it, it just takes too much code for its practicality. Do some reading on geoscape otherwise you'll have hundreds of lines of code that can be replaced with just a few to load a pre made matrix.

Gaming resources.

Kelz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2005 03:47
Yeah i will read up on geoscape when i can then, if its going to be masses of lines of code.
So im guessing its easier to code a matrix editor than to code a large rolling landscape?
Kelz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2005 05:03
can anyone answer my question please?
Quote: "So im guessing its easier to code a matrix editor than to code a large rolling landscape? "

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 17:28:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 17:28:16