Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Media Problem (DBP)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

I'm having a problem with DBP finding the correct files when I compile my program. First of all, my specs:

Pentium IV 3.4gHz
1GB DDR RAM
200 GB Hard Drive
GeForce FX 5700 LE 128MB
Creative Soundblaster Audigy 4
Windows XP Home Edition

I've also added a code snippet. Despite the fact that the images and the folder are there, I still get an error reading:

"Runtime Error 506 - Could not load image at line 14"

While I'm at it, debug mode and step through mode do not work, and have not worked since I updated DBP. They just crash and Windows attempts to send an error report.

Can anyone shed some light on this bizarre situation? Thanks in advance.
RiiDii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2005 16:47
Code didn't post. Can you put it in your post in Code brackets?

Offhand, I would suspect a typo or mispelled filename. Make sure you include the file extension (i.e. "pic_01.bmp"). Then check what type of media you are trying to load. BMPs and JPGs work fine, but the files might be corrupted or something. Lastly, I'd ask if you are using the Project File and the Source File? If you only are using a Source File, then I think DBPro is going to look in the \Dark Basic Professional\Temp folder instead of the folder where the source file is kept.

As far as the debugger problem, do you have DBPro 5.8? DBPro 5.7 debugger didn't work. Debugger works in step-through mode for 5.8 (I haven't gotten it to work in debug mode yet).

"Droids don't rip your arms off when they lose." -H. Solo
REALITY II
Mirthin_
Years of Service
User Offline

I think I've figured out the problem. If I alt+F4 the program it stays in the memory, so I need to ctrl+alt+delete to get into the task list and terminate it from there. I presume that the program can't access the same file more than once. I'm definitely using the project file.

Help > About claims that the version is 1.057, but I recently downloaded the patch for version 5.7. That'll be the problem then. Thanks a lot.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 17:24:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 17:24:07