Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / NEED HELP PLEASE BECAUSE IM TEARING MY HAIR OUT HERE!!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
please can some one help me out on texturing because im trying to texture some objects (using the monster hunting tutorial) and it keeps saying "syntax error, nesting error" and it highlights the loop command, what do i have to do to get rid of this
RiiDii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2005 02:01
Please post the section of code that's giving the problem - mainly because my mind-reading capabilities don't work well over long distances (i.e. beyond the range of my own - and even then...). Thanks.

"Droids don't rip your arms off when they lose." -H. Solo
REALITY II
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2005 02:05 Edited at: 11th Apr 2005 02:05
Well...

A syntax error is when you have forgotten a symbol or have written a command wrong...(normally)

And a nesting error is normally when you have forgotten to close some kind of loop.

These two errors have nothing to do with texturing

*panzergames*
http://www.panzergames.tekhawk.com
Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2005 02:06
Sounds like you missed endif from an if I've never got that error from an incomplete loop, only ifs

Join the "C# is for programmers who are too stupid to use C++" club!
Cloud Strife
Years of Service
User Offline
please can some one help me out on texturing because im trying to texture some objects (using the monster hunting tutorial) and it keeps saying \"syntax error, nesting error\" and it highlights the loop command, what do i have to do to get rid of this
Cloud Strife
Years of Service
User Offline
i have now added the code
Cloud Strife
Years of Service
User Offline
dont worry bout that i now have a new problem hehe, its saying that the image cannot be found, what does this mean and what do i have to do
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2005 02:42
OK, I know you are new to the forum, but consider this a warning.

In future posts, avoid thread title such as....

"NEED HELP PLEASE BECAUSE IM TEARING MY HAIR OUT HERE!!!!"

A) Never EVER post in all caps, its really...well quite annoying.
B) Try something descriptive for a thread title. Something along the lines 'Need help with FPS Tutorial' would be great
C)
Posted: 10th Apr 2005 13:29
Posted: 10th Apr 2005 13:29
Posted: 10th Apr 2005 13:31

Look at the bottom left of your posts. Hey look! Its an edit button! Use it Dont post 3 times in a row, when editing your original post would do the job just fine.

D) Read the sticky threads, as these rules are outlined in them, and they generally contain useful information, and the do's and do not's of the forum. Good things to have in mind before posting.

Thanks,
RPGamer

Click here to join our forums and get updates on game progress sooner!
Cloud Strife
Years of Service
User Offline
oh srry dude i have a really fast compuet so i kinda react quicker, but as for the title, really sorry didnt know about it, i guess i only skimmed the rules
Krad2004
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "its saying that the image cannot be found, what does this mean and what do i have to do"

im guessing that your image files arn't in your game projects folder, there r 2 ways to get this to work (if that is your problem!).

1. copy the image files to the folder where u save the project files

2. when loading the image files in darkBASIC, use the full path of the file, for example:

hope this helps
Cloud Strife
Years of Service
User Offline
thats what im doing, but it still wont let me do it, see all i want to do is get the sphere and the cubes to be textured and i wont move on to creating a matrix untill i get it right
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2005 03:50
Quote: "
oh srry dude i have a really fast compuet so i kinda react quicker
"

Ummm...The speed of your computer doesnt affect how fast you reply to messages, it affects how fast the page opens for you to reply..yes, but it doesnt affect how fast you click the post message button.

Krad2004
Years of Service
User Offline
any chance of seeing your code??
Cloud Strife
Years of Service
User Offline
yea on my seconf post click on the source button
Cloud Strife
Years of Service
User Offline
thnk you for all your help people but i found the solution by my self, what happened was i was looking to find some help inside of dark basic, so i clicked open and found the tutorial files, when i scrolled down i saw the barry.bmp and the cottag02.bmp so i typed it all in and hey presto it worked so now im all happy and dancing round the room

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 17:28:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 17:28:43