Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / sports game programming

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone know where I can find info on programming a sports game, particularly basketball, but any info like physics concerns(ball bouncing, shooting etc), animations, making a basketball court, or anything pertaining to sports. Please help its be hard to find info on sports game programming. Thx in advance
Jozers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2005 20:42 Edited at: 11th Apr 2005 20:52
3dbeme,

I am guessing that you are new to DarkBasic by looking at the date you joined the forums(forgive me if i am wrong). But from the small amount of experience i have i can say that a sports game isn't an ideal first project/game. I would suggest looking at the pong tutorial at the top of the newcomers forum and the monster hunt and Binary moon tutorial which can be found herehttp://developer.thegamecreators.com/?f=db_tutorials

Sports games contain lots of physics, modeling and animating and, they can take years to complete (maybe longer if your doing it on your own).

Cheers
Jozers

[Edit] almost forgot the enermy AI would also be very difficult
dre
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2005 13:06
Yeah, Jozers is right, even a experienced coder would have trouble doing basketball because there's sooo much stuff you have to keep track of, a lot of coordinate detection, or maybe collision. Anyway, It's very tricky and if you manage to make one someday, I'll be looking forward to trying it out.

AMD Athlon 64 3400+, 1 gig PC3200 DDR, GeForce 6600 GT OC

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 17:28:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 17:28:37