Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Maybe I'm being paranoid, but...

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2005 23:40
I'm beginning to suspect that this forum doesn't like me.

Any time I try to include something using the 'Code:' section, the code is non-displayable.

Any attempts to attach a zip file cause a non-forum specific error page when I submit the post. It states 'The page cannot be displayed'. The zip file is 936KB in size, under the specified maximum. I have tried in various browsers (including your basic Internet Explorer).

When I posted to the 'DarkSDK Bugs' thread, even though I can see my post in the page, the summary page doesn't indicate my post (in the 'Last Post@' column). I do a complete refresh regularly to see what comes up new and other posts trigger changss in 'Last Post@'. This appears be a bug in the forum software for threads that have more than one page. The same phenomenon can be observed in the 'SDK Update' thread.

A previous thread, using a more complete (ie. complex) version of the sample has had people some viewers, but no help or suggestions offered.

I would really like some help with my problem, or recognition that it is a bug (which will hopefully be fixed).

Here it is again:

I have run into two, possibly related, problems. Fixing either would allow me to build my games easier (I can brute force a solution, but would rather to it properly).

1. The dbLimbAngleY function does not return the proper value, even when the limb is clearly changing angle
2. The dbObjectPosition<X><Y><Z> and dbObjectAngle functions do not return values for an object that is glued to a limg, even when the object is moving

I will send the model and .Net project to anyone interested in looking into this.

The only headers needed are the standard DarkSDK and C++ ones. So this code is easily tested in VC6 as well.

The model was built with 3ds max 6 and converted to .x using Deep Exploration.

I have tested this under both Windows 2000 and Windows XP Pro, both with all the latest patches and both with the latest DirectX.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2005 03:43
Hopefully these problems will be fixed in the update.

Visit http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~nickk
Bill Nighy - The Doctor for me...
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2005 19:49
For dbLimbAngleY you may want to try using dbLimbDirectionY which returns the real world angle.

When you glue an object to a limb to access the world positions of the object use dbLimbPositionX/Y/Z and also use the dbLimbDirectionX/Y/Z functions.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2005 09:01
Thank you.

dbLimbDirectionY does exactly what I need.

With that, I have the option to use either method for 'riding' my moving limbs.

What should the dbLimbAngleX/Y/Z functions be producing?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:39:20
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:39:20