Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / fps trouble, cant see gun

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2005 09:50 Edited at: 12th Apr 2005 09:51
I used to use dark basic. I completed a game and then went to learn visual basic. So, I havent used dark basic in months. I have visited the forums but havent programmed in dark basic in months and I forgot almost everything.

I wanted to make a fps, I dont know enough of visual basic to make games, so I made a simple level, a simple gun and then loaded up dark basic to start making the game. I forgot almost everything. I want to make the game as simply as possible. I am making an fps. It is like the classic doom games so there is no mouse aiming, the whole game is controlled with the keyboard. I made it so that you can walk around the level in a couple of seconds, I remembered the basic of dark basic but now I am stuck. How do I make it so that the gun is always infront of the camera, right now I can only see the gun if the camera is pointing in a specific direction.

I know my code is very simple but I havent used dark basic in sucha long time.

edit: I am using dark basic classic.
Ace Of Spades
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2005 10:48

stupid kid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2005 11:33
Thank You, I remember that now.

But, when i use that command the back polygon of the gun becomes transparent. I will now search the forums to find the solution.
Ace Of Spades
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2005 11:40
and it wasn't transparent before? You sure it actually IS transparent rather than just be too close to camera that it is not visible?

stupid kid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2005 07:07 Edited at: 13th Apr 2005 07:51
I found out that the object was too close to the camera a couple of minutes after i posted here so that problem is solved. I added shooting and then I added a box that the player can shoot. I then tried to make it so that the bullet would be deleted after it left it hit the walls of the level but i am having trouble with that.

that is my code so far. I think i am doing collision right so why does the bullet still go through walls?

edit: it also seems that the box moves when i move and i dont know why that is
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
here is a suggestion for another part of your code

instead of using the yrotate camera commands, use the turn camera right/left commands. They save you a LOT of problems.

here is an example

stupid kid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2005 13:17 Edited at: 20th Apr 2005 01:37
edit: i got collision and texturing and all my problems fixed by using the dark basic pro trial instead of darkbasic classic.

The only problem with that is i dont have the money to buy the full version of dark basic pro so i would like to know how to get this stuff to work in dark basic classic.
stupid kid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2005 03:51 Edited at: 21st Apr 2005 13:42
I would also like to know how i can put up stairs and stuff. On a matrix there is the get ground height command but i dont know what to do for a .x file.

Edit: on the ceiling and some parts of the wall, my bullets just go through the wall. Dark basic classic didnt recognize any collision. I have sparky's collision dll but i dont know how to use it. I searched the forums but where can i find a tutorial on usingit and will that dll fix my collision problem?

edit: i fixed the jumping problem and i removed my code.
Ace Of Spades
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2005 05:29
Quote: "and my code is very disorganized"

Yes. Yes it is.
stupid kid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2005 05:34 Edited at: 21st Apr 2005 13:44
also i cant find any tutorials on sparkys collision dll and that might fix my collision problem.

edit: i fixed the jumping problem. The gravity works now. But, i would still like to know about my collision problem.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 17:29:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 17:29:55