Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / W.I.P Pictures

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2005 10:33 Edited at: 16th Apr 2005 09:31
Don't know if this is the right place to post, but we should post pictures of games and such that we've made in DB and DBPro ("we" as in the community)

I was hoping for the same effect as the cartography shop has (and I think FPSC has)

The pics should only be of projects that follow the "W.I.P" guidelines, or if they have good pics of models or something (or a texture) but please, no pics of premade models (models that neither you nor your team made) and same with textures and maps and all that. What I mean is that don't just show off the coolest model that you made (just the model) when it isn't one you made. It is okay, though, to post pics of games that INCLUDE the model.

This is meant for people to see the extent of which people can do stuff in DB/P. And it just doesn't have to be games. Graphical demos and map editors are also welcome, along with totally random application pics. But don't just go search the codebase.

And people, PLEASE, don't put pics of the same area/model together, only one pic of it is fine. Same goes for everything else. And for textures, people tend to see it more impressive if they see it in use.

And resolution should be 72 pixels per inch (standard web resolution)

And if you're the last person to post pics, and you have more to post, PLEASE edit.

PLEASE if you don't use the [ img ][ /img ] tags (without the spaces), make it in a format that you don't have to download anything. Because, at least for me, I only look at stuff that you don't have to download.

[me]"My throat froze!"
[other person]"Force quit it next time..."
A.K.A Death Stalker
Ace Of Spades
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2005 10:52
ooo...a collection of db/p program pictures all in one thread....sounds like a good idea.

OR

Rich could go make a nifty picture gallery where we can upload pics to it,search through them, and check out all the neat creations.
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
The point of this is so that we don't have to search for a mile for one photo. I think it's easier to scroll down a page than clicking "next""next""next""next"...you get the point.

But either way is fine for me...(can't wait for my editor to start working again...)

www.war3forums.net

A.K.A Death Stalker
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2005 03:01
You better state a resolution limit man or this thread will be a unreadable pain soon !
How finished do the projects have to be to post pics of them.

Possibly have a rule of only one post per project, the users can use the edit button if they want to add more...only thing is you may need some MOD help in enforcing it.
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2005 09:53 Edited at: 14th Apr 2005 09:56
I was hoping for the same effect as the cartography shop has (and I think FPSC has)

The pics should only be of projects that follow the "W.I.P" guidelines, or if they have good pics of models or something (or a texture) but please, no pics of premade models (models that neither you nor your team made) and same with textures and maps and all that. This is meant for people to see the extent of which people can do stuff in DB/P. And it just doesn't have to be games. Graphical demos and map editors are also welcome, along with totally random application pics. But don't just go search the codebase.

And people, PLEASE, don't put pics of the same area/model together, only one pic of it is fine. Same goes for everything else. And for textures, people tend to see it more impressive if they see it in use.

And resolution should be 72 pixels per inch (standard web resolution)

(edited first post)

www.war3forums.net

A.K.A Death Stalker
David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2005 21:58 Edited at: 14th Apr 2005 21:59
Quote: "no pics of premade models (models that neither you nor your team made) and same with textures and maps "
Can I still post a pic of my upcoming game? (which uses a DarkMatter model)

[url=www.lightningstudios.co.uk][/url]
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2005 23:11 Edited at: 14th Apr 2005 23:15
Heres some pics from a game my team and I are working on. In fact Nitrixik Studios is our general programmer. Its called "Pirates of Port Royale" (aka "Pirates...well idk"). Please visit this site: http://expage.com/piratesmainpage, for more info and screens. Click on them to make them bigger. Enjoy .

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Quote: "no pics of premade models (models that neither you nor your team made) and same with textures and maps "
Can I still post a pic of my upcoming game? (which uses a DarkMatter model)"

What I mean is that don't just show off the coolest model that you made (just the model) when it isn't one you made. It is okay, though, to post pics of games that INCLUDE the model. The point I'm trying to make is that it has to be, at least most of it (excluding media) made by you/your team. I don't really care what the media is, as long as you programmed it into the map.

www.war3forums.net

A.K.A Death Stalker
jrowe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2005 05:15 Edited at: 15th Apr 2005 05:16
This is a screen from an engine test of my current project, It's still very early but, I've got down the controls, the beginnings of the battle engine, and the shadows and grass reposition themselves automatically and angle themselves to the terrain. All media's mine apart from the detail map on the terrain (from Kevil's Memblock Matrices Media).

It's not really worth a WIP but I thought I'd post it here to demonstrate how little work is required to get something looking good in DBpro.

For Fathers and Sons who enjoy wholy spirits.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Where'd you get the grass model?

www.war3forums.net

A.K.A Death Stalker
jrowe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2005 08:59 Edited at: 16th Apr 2005 09:00
Quote: "Where'd you get the grass model?"

If you mean the terrain it's just a heightmap with the advanced terrain plugin, if you mean the grass, it's coded in DB. It's just a few textured plains that have transparency set to 4. I've coded them so when one gets too far behind the player it automatically repositions itself in front of him (and angles itself with the angle of the terrain there) so you have the impression of the whole terrain being grassy, even though there are only 20 or so plains.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Kool, never thought of doing that.

New Suggestiong For Making This A Better Thread:

PLEASE if you don't use the [ img ][ /img ] tags (without the spaces), make it in a format that you don't have to download anything. Because, at least for me, I only look at stuff that you don't have to download.

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
jrowe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2005 23:55 Edited at: 16th Apr 2005 23:59
Quote: "
PLEASE if you don't use the [ img ][ /img ] tags (without the spaces), make it in a format that you don't have to download anything. Because, at least for me, I only look at stuff that you don't have to download."

You don't have to download it to your hard drive, just click the "view" button, which will open the image in a new browser window. The reason I haven't used [ Img] [ /img] tags is I didn't want to stretch the thread so you have to scrol horisonally to read the posts.

Of course I could have linked to them like so...

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_pic.php?i=546313

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_pic.php?i=545707

but it's sort of pointless when there's a direct link under my post

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2005 03:18 Edited at: 17th Apr 2005 03:19
Well, for the second pic, it had me try to download something. The download said .jpg, the view said .jpg, but it had me download something that was a .php.

[edit] Now they're both .php?!

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
jrowe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2005 05:38 Edited at: 17th Apr 2005 05:40
.php is a standard web format. It' s a website code format, like html. I suggest updating your browser if it doesn't understand php, as it must be years out of date. Many websites are built using php, infact I'm pretty sure this forum is, which leads me to the question of why you get a download prompt...

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
I have the newest version of IE, and it says: "Do you want to save this file?" which is pretty much downloading. Can't you just upload .jpg?

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Ace Of Spades
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2005 09:42
hmm...i thought php was server-side anyway. I didn't think it had ANYTHING to do with the browser.
Whisper Wind
Years of Service
User Offline
You're right - the server converts the script into html which the browser then reads. What he has it set up to download i think is the php script itself - because it has the extension of '.php'.

Searching for file 'sanity'...
Sorry, no results were found.
Ace Of Spades
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2005 10:52
you can do that? I could do some nasty things if i was able to get a hold of some sites php scripts.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 06:23:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 06:23:30