Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / 3D Modeller Request-liable WIP game-Pirates of Port Royale (aka Pirates) (it has a WIP on here already this is just for modeller request)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2005 08:06 Edited at: 14th Apr 2005 12:11
Hi all,
I am looking for a 3D modeller to join our team of three (including me). The game is called Pirates of Port Royale (aka "Pirates" or "Pirates...well idk" for the name of the WIP). Its a free based RPG (NOT online), based on ONLY the time and setting of the movie "Pirates of the Caribbean" (with the exception of possible easter eggs like fighting the "Black Pearl". I do have a lot of designing done already.
There are currently 3 people on the team:
Lukas W.: AI programmer
Nitrixik Studios: General Programmer
Gil Galvanti: Lead Programmer

We need a 3D modeller, especially for animals and humans, BUT we also need a object modeller. For more info about the game please visit this site: http://www.expage.com/piratesmainpage.
Here are some screens:
[img]Hi all,
I am looking for a 3D modeller to join our team of three (including me). The game is called Pirates of Port Royale (aka "Pirates" or "Pirates...well idk" for the name of the WIP). Its a free based RPG (NOT online), based on ONLY the time and setting of the movie "Pirates of the Caribbean" (with the exception of possible easter eggs like fighting the "Black Pearl". I do have a lot of designing done already.
There are currently 3 people on the team:
Lukas W.: AI programmer
Nitrixik Studios: General Programmer
Gil Galvanti: Lead Programmer

We need a 3D modeller, especially for animals and humans, BUT we also need a object modeller. For more info about the game please visit this site: http://www.expage.com/piratesmainpage.
Here are some screenies though.

Sry i cant figure out how to get them full size, just click on them to enlarge them, and get rid of the dimension thing at the bottom.

Thanks for reading.

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2005 19:46
hmm looks interesting...are you guys patient people? Because I am FMV animating for Rush, making my own game ronin and helping Anime Blood and Captain colorblind in their second project, I can do graphics while making these but you may need to wait a while for each bit, i'm not even sure I want to help yet, but I could give some stuff a go, and see if i like it, if i don't, keep the stuff and find someone else. But I think it would be nice to help because Pirates of the Carrib was a great movie and I would love working along that theme

I am unigue like everone else
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2005 19:47
Oh and could you email me the models you need done and level layouts, and concept art so i can try it.

I am unigue like everone else
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2005 22:57
great!! . Yeah well just see how it works out, if it doesnt, then just quit. Ill try to email you this morning, before school, or after school today.

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2005 03:15
This isnt a Team Request forum, sorry.

Thread locked.

Click here to join our forums and get updates on game progress sooner!
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2005 13:29
Yay, unlocked! . Turns out i meet all the team request requirements. So this thread is now back. I currently have 2 modellers but would be willing accept more. I am actually accepting more than just modellers though. Pretty much any positions are open, although i do have a fairly large team already (5 people), but this is a big project (which is coming along quite nicely ). Thanks for your consideration.

-Gil Galvanti

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually, let's state that you have a 2.5 member team 'till the summer (especially looking at what everyone doing) Glad to see that this is working out (the TR) And if you need, I'll devote some of my crowded time to make models. Pics of some one's that were for Warcraft3 mods (buildings) that are completely bad include:

http://img121.echo.cx/img121/7005/HouseRemodelRemodel.jpg
(probably the worst one)

http://img121.echo.cx/img121/4167/DBarracks.jpg

http://img121.echo.cx/img121/4797/AttackTower.jpg
(a favorite)

http://img121.echo.cx/img121/5339/DCenterLvl1.jpg
(another cool one)

These are all made in Wings3D.

[me]"My throat froze!"
[other person]"Force quit it next time..."
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2005 22:49
lol, yeah, everyone's not really working much right now, mostly because of school. Those look cool .

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't say that! I need an excuse for quitting the mod group (because the server is almost up again) when I was practically co-leader. arghhh, can't find anything to justify my case wtih now!!!!

O well, soon I'll go and fix up the petty inventory (i spelled that correctly, just so you know, it isn't "pretty")'

And if you want models of abstract structures, I guess I could do some (although the .3ds converter is poor in this app)

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2005 12:55
lol, ok sounds good . Dont worry about the models for now though.

Psycho Gary
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2005 04:03
errr, ill help here and there if you want, im a doser and dont care for revision, and so plenty of time available... but i have my own projects, so not too much time... i can do VERY low polygon modelling, programming and music pick whatever i can help with

:p
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2005 04:04
cool, i guess you could help with programming or music.

Psycho Gary
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2005 04:09
cool cool

just point and i'll work

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Make a piraty menu music thingy. And what software do you use? it is worth me gettin an I-Book so I can get garage band?

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2005 06:49
i might want you to do a save/load function instead, cause i dont thing nitrixik or lukas are working on that. I have quite a bit of sounds that just came with the game, and sounds probably wont be a main focus until the last second.

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2005 07:19 Edited at: 8th May 2005 07:22
sounds that came with the game ?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Oh, don't worry about encrpytion quite yet. That will be dealt with in due time.

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2005 21:26
@Nitrixik, I would get an I-book they are really cool, get one with Garageband 2 and the new Mac OS X tiger, thats cool too, Garageband is really easy to use, I'd say its worth getting, but I haven't seen anything on there that links to pirate like stuff tho

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 01:29
@psycho gary: Actually do u think u could do collision with the terrain, and adjusting height and all that, ive implemented the port royale island terrain into the game, now i need collision for it.

Psycho Gary
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 07:18
terrain collision? not too hard, is it a matrix or advanced terrain?

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 07:25
Quote: "terrain collision? not too hard, is it a matrix or advanced terrain?"

not sure its made in geoscape 3D.

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
if collision wth object(1,2)=2
move object 0
endif

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 08:54 Edited at: 9th May 2005 09:02
i dont want it to stop, i want you to be going uphill/downhill

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
sliding collison on(1,2)

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 11:46
k, thanks ill try it (told you your a better programmer than me ).

@psycho gary: you could work on save/load functions if you want.

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
No, I suck. I can't even find code to rotate the camera around an object, and I can't even make basic movement code w/o copying.

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 16:26
wait wait, ill include the get ground height on object thingy with the release of talksystem 1.3

Psycho Gary
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 17:19
hey hey, im gonna go work on other projects, i cant help with coding, i can only DO coding all by myself.... im getting all mucked up, bye...

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 21:55
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2005 02:03
maybe i scared him away

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2005 12:46 Edited at: 13th May 2005 12:49
btw, still taking new team members.

@nitrixik studios: just got around to trying out "sliding collison on(1,2)" but thats not a command

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
it's something like that, just look at the "collision" section, or use newton.

[me]"My throat froze!"
A.K.A Death Stalker

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 06:26:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 06:26:33