Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help with an asteroids clone

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hey peeps, I was wondering if someone could help me out, im new to db & hav only just finished making a pong clone & iv move onto making an asteroids clone & im having just a wee bit trouble with the rotating of the spaceship(cone), could some please point me in correct direct as its doing ma head in just ever so slightly , any help would b much appreciated, thanks ~JG
WhizzRich
Years of Service
User Offline
try xrotate object, yrotate object or zrotate object?

WhizzRich ---
Jester Gorky
Years of Service
User Offline
nevermind, got it working
Jester Gorky
Years of Service
User Offline
hey peeps, I was wondering if someone could help me out, im new to db & hav only just finished making a pong clone & iv move onto making an asteroids clone & im having just a wee bit trouble with the rotating of the spaceship(cone), could some please point me in correct direct as its doing ma head in just ever so slightly , any help would b much appreciated, thanks ~JG

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! mightmare!! got the rotation working but now when i want to go forward it goes straight up instead of the direction!!!
Jester Gorky
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks WR im on track to fix my other problem by changing the the up & down keys to increase & decrease a speed variable instead of running the object up the y axis. Hopefully a little tinkering with the pong ball code I can get the cone moving in the direction its facing!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 17:28:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 17:28:50