Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Zombie Hunter

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2005 18:58 Edited at: 15th Apr 2005 19:10
Hello.
I have not been around posting much lately.
mostly because i have some internet problems at home but also because school is pretty tough now that exams are closing in :S

well, so in my sparetime ive been working with Zombie Hunter again.
this time i have made my own sounds and i have a very good 2d graphics program 'photoshop elements 2' that ive been learning and i got some decent new skins for the zombies and i improved some other stuff. Even added a Lightmap!

download - 10'546 kb [ace]
(get win ace here)

for more info goto my homepage

All I can say now is: Enjoy the game

Bugs:
There is one bug I know about, ok two:
Video - Particles will turn to 'off' every time you start the game. go to video menu to turn them back on
Controls - When you edit controls, dont use the mouse buttons for actions, the game will think they are keyboard scancodes, and it will only mess up the controls. press 'reset' to fix them back to normal if it happens to you

edit:
i noticed the download link was not a download link... now it is

Jonny Ree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2005 21:38
good to see you working on it again. Its DBpro this time, inst it?

anyway.. I can finally rig the Zombie I made for you earlier if you're still interested in using it.

meaning this one:
http://wyrdlife.com/3d/zombieHeadRender.jpg
http://www.wyrdlife.com/3d/textureTest07.jpg

*looking at it now though, I see lots I would do differently*

good luck with this.. and I'll speak to you later.. oh and good luck with your gig tonight
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2005 21:28 Edited at: 16th Apr 2005 21:28
hi sorry, this is written in DBC. i think you are talking about the other game: horror in edyville, which is written in dbpro and its using newton.

this game is written in dbc because i have some problems with the dbpro compiler, so im using dbc again now but when i get the compiler fixed (i guess a re-install should do it ) i will continue with horror in edyville.

I see youve made some improvements since last time i saw the model
I love that new face yes, im still interested in using it.
i would also need it boned, so i can use it as a newton ragdoll.
hope its not to much to ask for.. i could probably do it myself, but i would have to learn it first..

oh, and the gig went really bad couldnt be worse.
first the guitar speaker blowed up, so we had to mix with some stuff, and we got a metal sound for one of the guitars, that ruined the sound. and ofcourse the drummer lost count and we all played in different speeds.. one of the microphones didnt work, so the backup vocals didnt go. we screwed up, but that is what we are known for here in town. the punk band that sucks. we even have t-shirts with the text 'white trash really sux'.
But the good thing about the concert was all the women!
lots of women! they came all around us (me, hehe) I didnt think they would liked it, but it seems they did! i wrote autographs on theyr arms and hugged them. it was nice

ok, back to the game.
i need some help with it. i need help with writing a story and making levels. so if anyone would like to help please tell me

Jonny Ree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2005 04:37
Well, now that I'm actually able to export rigs from xsi, creating a skeleton and weigting the mesh to it should be a huge problem.. I'll see if I can put some animation on it as well.

sorry to hear about your gig.. it ended good though
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2005 04:41 Edited at: 17th Apr 2005 04:48
I thing you really need to fix is that you get a REALLY big frame rate drop when you looking at a place with much blood(It happens nearly every time when you shoot a zombie).
It can fall from 60 to 29 :S

[EDIT]:

Hmmm strange... I tested the game with my friend(KLU 007) And on hes machine the frame rate dropped when there was pretty much blood.. But on this machine im on now the fram rate dosn't drop:S

Also the old zombie hunter was much more creepy! The music in this version totally ruins the creepy atmos.

Oh...... One last thing The new zombies looks stupid
I would really like to see Jonny Ree's zombies in it

Also the creepy sounds from the old zombie hunter would do well in it.

*panzergames*
http://www.panzergames.tekhawk.com
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2005 04:58
yeah, it ended great

dbc is not that good at handeling many objects at once, so that would be the problem. the fps drops on mine pc too, only i have 10-30 fps when i play it

heh, i know the music is crap. i made it myself, that would be why :p
im not a great musician, but if i manage to find a good song, i will defenitley replace it with that

well, im not a great modeller, and that is the best human shaped model i can do.. Jonnys zombie model has too many polygons for dbc to handle it smooth. besides, dbc does not support bone animating, which is required for that zombie.
but maybe there are some other way to animate it, like quake 1 style..

I have another game im working on, jonny helps me with that one. he is modeller and the zombie is in that game. besides that is dbp and its using newton. so just wait some months and ill have a much better 'zombie game'

oh, and those scary sounds in the old zombie hunter, they wherent mine. infact, i dont think i was allowed to use them at all..
they where sounds from doom 3.

dj blackdragon3710
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2005 12:11
Since you didn't answer before: I thought you werent into DB for awhile.....Glad your back Lukas...

It has been said that the body is a slave to the mind. Only the mind knows no freedom.
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2005 03:08
yeh, well ive had some pauses now and then. but i dont think i can stop using darkbasic for the rest of my life

dj blackdragon3710
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2005 07:29
Yeah, I know what you mean.... Well, it's good to have you back in the community .

It has been said that the body is a slave to the mind. Only the mind knows no freedom.
Ace Of Spades
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 15:50
hmm...can't see any pictures.

Im only "Apolloed" In Spirit
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2005 00:47
sorry, the server is down at the momento

but you can find the same pictures on my backup website: