Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Tyrannt RPG Engine update. Starting to get new graphics. (Apr 2005)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2005 00:03 Edited at: 16th Apr 2005 00:11
Thanks to David from Texas offering to help with the graphics on my RPG Game engine. I've now updated the main game screen:

David is currently working on the character generator graphics too. I hope to update soon when new bits get added.

Website for the game is http://www.tyranntrpg.org

[edit] Forgot to mention, a download is available on the website [/edit]

Any comments welcome.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2005 00:07
Looks nice I'm lazy so I wont comment further

Join the "C# is for programmers who are too stupid to use C++" club!
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
looks like a game with alot of reading

By the time you finish reading this, you realize you have wasted 5sec. of your life!
click here to return your 5sec.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2005 06:38
looks better, i downloaded the last version and look like it was good for simple games, it seemed like it was big free so good work

seppukuarts.95mb.com Psycho Groupy Cocaine Crazy

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
it is possible to save all the objects in one file and load it in DB?!

By the time you finish reading this, you realize you have wasted 5sec. of your life!
click here to return your 5sec.
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2005 04:15
Thanks for the comments.

GogetaX, I'm not sure what you mean but saving all the object files.

We've been working on the game menu and it has now improved graphically.

We are currently working on giving the character generator screen a make over next.

Cheers,

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2005 04:47
Looks great, those pillars with the vines look very old-school !
Amazing stuff, keep it up !

jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2005 07:23 Edited at: 18th Apr 2005 07:24
Thanks,
Yup, I like the way David's look to the game is going.

Currently working on the character generator input screen. I'm hoping to make this process a lot more easier to follow. I.e. lead you through the generator process than letting you work out what to do by clicking on the screen. Having a more graphical way of doing things makes this sort of thing a lot easier.

Jas

----
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2005 07:26 Edited at: 18th Apr 2005 07:33
What program are those graphics made in? Photoshop?

You call this a "game designing tool" what does that mean?

[me]"My throat froze!"
[other person]"Force quit it next time..."
A.K.A Death Stalker
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2005 07:49
I'm not sure what program is being used.

You use this tool to create an old style rpg game. It has a Maze Generator, Monster generator, item generator and, when I've written the spell system, have a magic generator. In the maze generator you create encounters which you can use to generate a story line. If you download the demo, there is a sample sceanario already generated to show what is currently possible.

Jas

----
RATTLE13
Years of Service
User Offline
Photo Impact XL.
I'd say that Yes it's a game development engine, but along with an inital game Folks will have the ability to create stuff for their own games.(at least thats how I see it)
Looks "Old School?" thanks! If only I could codejavascript:smiley(':\'(')
cry I've got DB, work with it? more like stare blankly at the screen waiting for anything to happen...yeah, I'm a coding retard.
Well, I going to check out the latest build and...well draw some more stuff.

Trample the weak,
Hurdle the dead.
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2005 00:05 Edited at: 21st Apr 2005 00:07
I Should hopefully have the character generator finished by the weekend thanks to rattle13's churing out the buttons and screens I need .

I'll upload a new version with this in it when I do.

Here's a sneak peak of work in progress for the character generator screen.

The buttons at the bottom will be going as will the text input box just under the character portrait window.

Jas

----
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2005 19:34
Sorry it's been delayed, I'm hoping to have character pictures in there as well now. The menu driven character generator has been finished. I will post another pic when I have more to show.

Jas

----

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 06:27:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 06:27:54