Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / textured sprites

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2005 06:03
Hi is possable to texture a sprite, and if so how do you do it?

In Space No One can Hear You Scream! (When your comm Line is cut?)
James Morgan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2005 06:39
You set the sprite image when you position it.

To load the image you need to first load a bitmap.

Is this what you want?

James Morgan
Dodo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2005 06:53
a sprite is an image, so no it is not possible to texture them. But you can change their image, by changing the image number in the sprite command

Part of solving the problem is actually noticing that the problem is there in the first place

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2005 07:04
Didn't do what I was hoping for, trying to grab images of text letters so that I could put them back on the screen with say the letter having the image of a rainbow in them. Like you would with a cube or cone command.

In Space No One can Hear You Scream! (When your comm Line is cut?)
James Morgan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2005 00:32
I may have misunderstood your last post but the defaults for sprites is to have anything black not drawn to the screen. So if you were to have an image that contained just one letter and a black background, when you loaded the image in a sprite it would just draw the letter.
To get the effect i think you want, first use a sprite to draw/load the rainbow, then use sprites to draw/load the letters, you should just see your letters with a rainbow background.

If you want black letters, use MS Paint or an editor of your choice and still have a black background - RGB(0,0,0) but colour the letter RGB(0,0,1). You wont see the letter in the editor but in DB you will.

The harder bit is to position the sprites correctly on the screen and scale the rainbow to cover just the letters, no more no less.

If the above is what you need, and require any more help on any of the above, i should be able to help you all the way

James Morgan

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 17:26:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 17:26:52