Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / your comments on DB SDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello

I refer to "your comments on DB Pro" in the Dark Basic Professional discussion forum.
Also in my opinion DB pro is :
" extremly unstable and poorly structured"
thats why I switched to an other game engine after some months.
On the other hand I have alwayes appreciated the fast development(may be too fast)in line with the direct x development
When DB Pro SDK was released I was happy.
At last I can get rid of that ugly DB pro programming language,I thought.
My question is .
Can I rely also on a reasonable stability (taking into account 5.8 SDK version )?
I do not want to be unpolite, but really DBPro is frustating when comparing with other Game engines

Alberto
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2005 21:27
DarkSDK has always been stable, and is looking even better now.

Visit http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~nickk
Vote Nicholas J. Kingsley BSc for benevolent dictator.
Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2005 21:32
I dont think dbp is nearly as bad as you're making out. I'm not a fan of basic syntax personally, but as a language its pretty sound. Especially with 5.8 etc.

As for darkSDK, whats there is stable. Its a brand new product, it hasnt had even one update yet (theres one going to appear any day now though!) so as such theres going to be some kinks to iron out. A couple of the functions dont work etc. This should all be fixed in the update.

The thing you should really look at before buying darkSDK though is the two licenses they offer, make sure the one you buy suits you. They can be a bit.. restricting in someways but should be okay for most people. Just be sure to actually read them

[07:16:59-pm] « Sephnroth » you were dreaming about lee...
[07:17:13-pm] « Mouse » stfu
[07:17:22-pm] « Mouse » he was hanging himself lol

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 20:47:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 20:47:00