Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Another 2 VERY simple DarkMatter questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2003 19:11
When in DarkBasic, if you want your model to hold a weapon, would you just choose the model you want, and then you choose the gun you want him to hold and then you choose the Attack animation? Would you just do that? Those simple 3 steps?

If not, can you please tell me how you would do that?

And i have another small question.. Lets say you have one of the American soldiers as your model and you get your gun. When you choose the attack animation, would it show the person taking the gun and shooting it? What does it do? Thanks! Bye!
AlamDV, NHL, NHL 2K3....... The best combination ever!
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2003 20:06
Since you make your own animation for your models, I don't see why you're having trouble unless your using the Darkmatter cd or something.

Also your topic sentance is wrong, it should be '2 more'.

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
Hilmi2k
Years of Service
User Offline
I think you are going in too fast, dark mater is just a set of ready made models. To combine models, you have to do it manualy through a graphics package.

Honestly, no offence, but I think you are going in way over your head if you have to ask such basic questions. Before you make a game, you need to have at least some basic concepts on how 3d Graphics are made, you need some very basic concepts on how programing is done... by this, I meen very generic bascic concepts, as basic as doing a flow chart of a program.

Do some research on the subjects in general, try some of the realy cheap or free 3d Packages. Then get into this, otherwise you might end up being dissapointed. I have a feeling you think it is all drag and drop. It isnt... there is a lot of manual work involved. Compared to normal games development tools, its a brease, but it is not drag and drop. It is still manual
Hockey07
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2003 21:43
I was asking questions cuz I dont have DarkMatter yet and I wanted to know some of the things you can do in it.. And how easy it is.

AlamDV, NHL, NHL 2K3....... The best combination ever!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 02:51:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 02:51:36