Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need help with this weird problem: Code worked well with DBC and not with DBPro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2003 21:01
Hi

I don't mean to spam and I don't want to be rude by any means. I posted this question in the DBPro board because I thought it was DBPro related ( the code worked fine with DBC and not with DBPro). I tought that maybe my questions were to much of newbie questions for DBPro users to bother. So please forgive me for double posting. Maybe you can help though.

Here I go:

I used GLUE OBJECT TO LIMB A,B,0

to glue 2 objects together. Now if I ask for position of object B using the OBJECT POSITION on either axis, I get correct positions. However, using the same command on object B will read 0 for any axis. As I said, this piece of code used to work fine with DBC, I didn't alter any code. My DBPro has been updated to the newest version.

Any clue?

Also I have this problem. In this code object A represents a tank (got the model with DBC). Now I would for example like to rotate the turret of the tank along the Y axis, and of course I would like the gunbarrel to follow the movement as in reality. Worked fine with BDC the way I coded it. Now if I try the same in DBPro, the turret and the gunbarrel will rotate, but their axis will remain fixed on the same position. I am not sure if you can imagine the phenomenon. The gunbarrel and the turret will rotate, but the gunbarrel will stay at its original position, looking kind of detached from the turret.

Any clue?

Thanks a ton for any help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 02:24:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 02:24:42