Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / PassFile; Simple file encryption system [no demo as yet]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2005 05:31 Edited at: 27th Apr 2005 05:48
Hi everyone. I've never actually posted anything useful (with a good screenie) on this board before, so heres my first shot

Currently, Im working on about 3 projects at once ]2 of which probably wont get finished ]

Anyway, onto this project;

PassFile is a simple system to encrypt (or internally scramble) files based on a password or otherwise.

I cannot tell you exactly how it works (that would ruin the point) but I am planning to upload a demo within the next week (Currently the system can encrypt but not decrypt as yet)

Any comments/ideas would be great. (If I'm spelling encrypt wrong please also tell me, thanks.)

[b]Screenshot now located on 'View' or 'Download' Button[b]

[url=www.lightningstudios.co.uk][/url]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2005 18:48
How to you plan to allow people to unencrypt the file?

Have a look at bvEncrypt, my registration file maker (in Program Announcements). Because I don't know how to make DLLs, I had to get the tool to export the relevant DB code. It's still secure enough for it's purpose, because every time you create a new registration "system", it creates a new algorithm.

BatVink
David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2005 22:00 Edited at: 29th Apr 2005 01:50
Well, primarily Im not constructing the system to encrypt/decrypt for DB project purpose, but rather just encrypting it to send over email etc.

The decrypter is going to hopefully be finished by this evening, (as a separate function of the encrypter) and will be able to decrypt the files with the provided password (this depends on the encryption method)

Also, Im going to upload a file later (not the demo, sadly) which is an example of the encryption (Ill upload a file with some text in it, unecnrypted, and then upload the encrypted version, and see if anyone can 'crack' it)

Ok. I've now posted an example of the encryption. Heres the original un-encrypted version of the text:

This is a regular plain text file.
I'm going to encrypt it in order to demonstrate my new file encryption
mechanism; FilePass. Sadly, the encrypter (at current) makes files slightly
larger after encryption than thier original's. Oh well. Is this enough text?

View the attached the file for its appearence AFTER encryption. Please note, that some systems may struggle to display the contetnts correctly, due to the characters used. Anyone who can 'crack' the code should defiantely tell me!

[url=www.lightningstudios.co.uk][/url]

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 06:22:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 06:22:38