Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DeleD .x file model collision problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I am having trouble with creating indoor levels in DBPro.
I have a matrix and then I have a building model, made in DeleD, exported as .x file. I want to get inside this building,but the collision detection doesn't let me. I want to just collide with the walls, but rite now I seem to be colliding with a rectangular space enclosing the whole model.

whats going on ?
is there something really simple I am missing ?
Thanks for you help
RiiDii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2005 07:52
Built in collision for a very complex object such as .x level is too slow for DBPro to handle: You would have to set the object collision to polygons - which is very slow for complex objects. Basically, the best suggestions I've seen involve the use of the Intersect Object function. Basically, you turn off the .x level's collision all together. Then you write your own collision function using Intersect Object. There are some very good examples in the snippets section. I suggest reading up on those.

"Droids don't rip your arms off when they lose." -H. Solo
REALITY II
bibz1st
Years of Service
User Offline
an even better way is to use NGC DLL or Sparkys' free DLL, I use NGC with deled x files and it works a treat
tjg92
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2005 03:55
Quote: "an even better way is to use NGC DLL or Sparkys' free DLL, I use NGC with deled x files and it works a treat "

Where would one find those?

crap
Dunmola
Years of Service
User Offline
cool thnaks a lot guys
i'am using a BSP now....and i'am having trouble placing a object and a BSP. it seems that any time i place a object and a BSP world either one or the other shows depending where the camera is. i am not very expirienced with bsp commands...any help...sujjestions?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 19:32:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 19:32:20