Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Newbie needs help with implimenting a working menu into a game skeleton?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2005 01:16
I have been searching the forums for a few day's now and unless i'm looking in the wrong place's, i cannot find any working examples of how to implement a working menu (e.g. an Option's menu) into a game skeleton. For example say you want to implement a Main menu to the FPS tutorial Game in Dark basic Pro. (v5.8).
I just don't seem to be able to grasp this side of thing's.

I would appreciate anyone who would be able to me on this matter

I have some code snippet's for creating all types of menu's, but i cannot get my head round this problem. Before TGC released the v5.8 Update i began using Blitz3D agian and found it easier to use the Include command and create an extra menu source code. However after installing Update for Dark Basic Pro i found some of the 2D and 3D graphic command's had improved aswell as BSP and World command's. I would like to continue using Dark Basic Pro, and probably still will.
Just need to implement some sort of user menu to be able to make my first game?

ioqwei[ojukuykyukyuyuluilugjljklgfbgcvxbcncbmnb
Dodo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2005 02:15
the best way would probably be by using functions. For each menu create a new function, then call that function when you want that menu to appear.

Part of solving the problem is actually noticing that the problem is there in the first place

FITZ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2005 02:40
Thank's for the Tip!

I have only a limited understanding on Function's and have only used them for basic operations.
What i really need is to be able to understand how to implement this in code form. Example seeing the code used in a Dark Basic Pro tutorial, with some comment's on what is being done! (Like a tutorial maybe).

I realise this may be alot to ask? And i don't want you to think you're input is not appreciated, Because it really is! Thank You!

I will try to work on function's abit more to see if a can understand them better!

(Resistance is futile!)
FITZ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2005 21:33
I have tried using a menu function, but i'm having problem's trying to call the function menu. In the past when i use function's it's to do a buton click or selecting an item inside a control.

I've looked in the command's list and it mention's nothing about calling function's. Can you help me understand how to use the function command and to call it? Or if you know of anywhere that has atutorial on this subject that would be greatly apprciated?

(Resistance is futile!)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 19:24:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 19:24:53