Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / strange rotation problem... need help!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i have a problem with some of my code, more specifically, the circlecam subroutine(just so you know where to look). The goal of this particular subroutine is to circle object 65535 while maintaining a distance of about 150. Turning to the right is no problem, but when you try to turn to the left, it will only turn untill the mouse hits the edge of the screen. Its kind of confusing to explain so here is my code. Sorry, its kind of messy because i am still trying different methods of almost every aspect of it.

RiiDii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2005 16:47
I've always had trouble using DBPro's functions that reutrn object and limb angles so I avoid them. Here's what I would do in this case.

Replace:
turny=limb angle y(65535,2)+mousemovex()

With:
turny=turny+mousemovex()

This assumes you don't change the camera angle anywhere else in the code (I didn't look too hard).

"Droids don't rip your arms off when they lose." -H. Solo
REALITY II
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2005 01:01 Edited at: 2nd May 2005 01:02
great thanks, i found another problem too.

this is some code i made to see if it moves, but it checks that by the POSITION of the mouse, which once it hits the side of the screen, stays the same.

i changed it to

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 19:35:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 19:35:00