Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / need help with cone collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2005 11:54 Edited at: 4th May 2005 09:52
how is collision with cones supposed to work. When i try using the normal object collision command, it only works if I am in a certain spot that isn't even in the cone. I am very confused. I am using DBC. Here is my code.

also, if you see something in the code that is either a hindrance to the game or is bad for other reasons, tell me!
RiiDii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2005 03:56
In general, collision works one of 3 ways. You can set which collision type to use.

1) Boxes: Boxes around the object determine the collision area around the object. This means, for a cone, the norrow end has a relatively large area of collision that is not the object. Boxes use very little resources for collisions.

2) Spheres: Same as boxes, but uses spheres. This is better for round and curved objects. It's also great for sliding type collisions. For your cone, there is less collision area that is not covering your object. Sphere collision uses more resources than box collision.

3) Polygons: Polygons closely surround the object for detailed collision areas. For your cone, there will be almost no collision area that is not covering the object. However, Polygon collision takes up a lot of resources and will often slow down your program - significanlty for complex objects.

"Droids don't rip your arms off when they lose." -H. Solo
REALITY II

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 19:26:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 19:26:20