Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Driver Remake

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2005 13:37 Edited at: 24th May 2005 11:14
Hi - I am re-making the really old game Driver. In this version you will drive around in a closed cement area with tho police chasing you. You see who can stay alive the longest without being hit!
Menu Screenie

Sorry, kind of blurred, damn Jpegs!!! (not blurred in real game).
---
In Game Screenie

I finally got it, proof of my work!
---
In game close up (new level image and you can move the player now!)

more proof!!!
---
If you have any questions or comments, just email them to me or something.
More to come soon!

Click sig > Look around > Go to forums!!!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2005 19:59
Well again.....

Please tell my if im wrong about this:

The two cars(The sprites) is from Game Maker. So you made this one in Game Maker or darkbasic? I just wanna know!

Well the game sounds quite fun! But if it's made in Game Maker.. It would be easier to make it in db since making AI in Game Maker is quite hard

Visit PanzerGames here
mm0zct
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2005 22:46
if it's jpeg why is it a .tif? tagged image format is not a jpeg, tif is a bitmap format so it doesn't blur like jpeg, if it is a .jpeg
anyway, looks good except the car is off the screen, it would be nice to see some ingame shots.

http://www.larinar.tk
AMD athlon 64 3000+, 512mb ddr400, abit kv8, 160gb hdd, gigabit lan, ati radeon 9800se 128mb.
Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2005 01:23
Quote: " Well again.....

Please tell my if im wrong about this:

The two cars(The sprites) is from Game Maker. So you made this one in Game Maker or darkbasic? I just wanna know!

Well the game sounds quite fun! But if it's made in Game Maker.. It would be easier to make it in db since making AI in Game Maker is quite hard"

This is made in DBP, I just used two of the car sprites from the res-pack. And making AI in GM acctually is really easy!

Quote: "if it's jpeg why is it a .tif? tagged image format is not a jpeg, tif is a bitmap format so it doesn't blur like jpeg, if it is a .jpeg
anyway, looks good except the car is off the screen, it would be nice to see some ingame shots.
"

The image in my post is a jpeg, the one with the download button is a tif.

Click my sig!!!
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2005 02:24
You shouldn't post here if you have nothing to show.

.... A title screen doesn't show anything.

"Lets migrate like bricks" - Me
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2005 07:47
id have to agree, post some screenies of game play...

can i just give you a word of advice? im not saying your menu screens are bad or anything, they actually look quite good, but why not consider making some buttons? if you need help with that just ask...

"Well, if he dies, it'll teach him not to do it again." - Me
Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2005 08:51 Edited at: 7th May 2005 08:53
Quote: "You shouldn't post here if you have nothing to show."

.... A title screen doesn't show anything.[/center]
Working on it...
And yes, I'll add some buttons.

Click my sig!!!
SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2005 14:23
game maker? is that the one located at gamemaker.nl? Just curios as i used that for a while.

Sagetech forums currently down
STALKER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2005 18:12
Maybe they mean 'The 3D Game Maker' on TGC

>>>>>>>>>>>MIRAGE STUDIOS<<<<<<<<<<<
>MEDIEVAL CARNIVAL<>GLADIATOR ARENA<
Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2005 01:14
Quote: " game maker? is that the one located at gamemaker.nl? Just curios as i used that for a while."

Yes, I got the resource pack off that website. It was meant for GameMaker but I'm using it differently.
Quote: " Maybe they mean 'The 3D Game Maker' on TGC"

Nope, I have that one but I got it for the models. We're talking about the one here.

Click my sig!!!
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Some suggestions:

On the title page, get rid of the two over-lapping lines from the two boxes for the "by:..." and the menu options.

Looks good, but I'd try to make your own media. Maybe get the outline of the cars in photoshop or whatever and texture it yourself.

[me]"My throat froze!"
[other person]"Force quit it next time..."
A.K.A Death Stalker
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 05:19
Boo you stink Squid.

It's M-E-G-A-T-O-N. NOT MEGATRON.
DON'T MAKE ME GET THE RABBIT.
soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 05:49
I really can't see how that sort of comment would help someone.

Formely play2kill

thanks for taking the time to read this sig.
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 06:00
You're right. It doesn't.

YOU SUCK SQUID.

Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 10:32
Quote: "
Some suggestions:

On the title page, get rid of the two over-lapping lines from the two boxes for the "by:..." and the menu options.

Looks good, but I'd try to make your own media. Maybe get the outline of the cars in photoshop or whatever and texture it yourself.
"

Ok, I'll work on those things.

You're right. It doesn't.

YOU SUCK SQUID.
"

Jack ass

Click my sig!!!
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 15:29
@Megaton - Those comments were completely unjustifiable. One more remark like that and I will newbie slap you

@Squids - Can you go more into detail about what the gameplay is, for those of us who haven't played the original?

--[GameBasic - Coming Soon]-- ^^^ banner generously designed by TheBigBabou
Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2005 01:07 Edited at: 10th May 2005 01:07
@JeKu - Ok,
ORIGINAL
In the original game, you were under cover robbing different places, if the police cought you running into a car they would chase after you and try to run into you. Also, whenever you ran into something, your damage meter would go up, the more the police run into you, the higher you damage meter goes up. After robbing somewhere, the police ALWAYS chase after you.
MY VERSION
I am re-making the really old game Driver. In this version you will drive around in a closed cement area with tho police chasing you. You see who can stay alive the longest without being hit! I might add online score posting.

Click my sig!!!
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2005 01:28
Quote: " @Megaton - Those comments were completely unjustifiable. One more remark like that and I will newbie slap you"

I'm sure Jeku that if you've seen the large amount of work and art this guy stole/took credit for in the past, you'd be saying it with me.

DBAlex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2005 01:38
Can we have an Ingame shot yet?

No offence...But all the project screenshots we ever see from you in DB are just the title screens...You should work on the game first and title screen last...Just my £0.02...

AMD 64 3000 + 512mb RAM + 80GB HD + Radeon 9600se 128mb
Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2005 01:42 Edited at: 10th May 2005 01:42
Quote: "No offence...But all the project screenshots we ever see from you in DB are just the title screens...You should work on the game first and title screen last...Just my £0.02... "

I know *watches suspence build up*, I'm still working on the in game part, so far, it would be really boring (just level). I'll have one by tommorrow.

Click my sig!!!
David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2005 03:25
Quote: "I'm sure Jeku that if you've seen the large amount of work and art this guy stole/took credit for in the past, you'd be saying it with me."

Let is go Megaton; he may of stolen or whatever in the past (I dont actually know anything about this) but he's trying to be productive now, so let him have his chance. That is all.

Good luck with the game Squid (....'s revenge)

[url=www.lightningstudios.co.uk][/url]
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2005 06:03
Once a teeth always a teeth.

Lost Kid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2005 06:17
@Megaton Cat - Shut-up! he's a newb at least he's trying! (unless you was'nt talking about Squid)

Good Luck SR

DBAlex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2005 06:20
Heres an ingame shot squid sent me...Looking pretty 1337 imho...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Lost Kid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2005 06:23 Edited at: 11th May 2005 06:23
omg^^^^^^^^

DBAlex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2005 06:24
DBPro was having trouble rendering that large sprite bitmap...

So FPS was at a nice smooth 23...

Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2005 13:32 Edited at: 11th May 2005 13:33
@DBAlex
What the hell is your problem, you think doing this is "contributing" to anything? My god, two a*s holes!

Frozen Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Your so funny DBAlex.

Just to let you know im helping squids revenge with the project.. i was making one similar so i decided to help.

Pictures will be up as soon as i get MY site up. Got all the basic stuff down.. im having a friend make a few sprites or cars and levels.

Its going to look really nice.

Its here. [href]www.GALEKUS.com[/href]
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2005 13:35
if the insults keep flying someones going to get a thread locked and others will get a temp ban.

If no-one gives your an answer to a question you have asked, consider:- Is your question clear.- Did you ask nicely.- Are you showing any effort to solve the problem yourself
Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2005 13:41
Quote: " if the insults keep flying someones going to get a thread locked and others will get a temp ban."

Just wondering, The insults I give to people that insult me or the people who just insult me, or bolth?

Frozen Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Um.. take it as both and stop making insults whether they were directed at you or not.. you should have a level of maturity and respect to not insult them back.

Its here. [href]www.GALEKUS.com[/href]
Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2005 08:37
Normally I wouldn't insult them back, this is just getting annoying, everyone has something negative too say, and say it...

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2005 10:02
your alright squid, dont let the peanut gallery get to you, sure you might be using temp media for now butim sure as your project grows you will attend to that.

If no-one gives your an answer to a question you have asked, consider:- Is your question clear.- Did you ask nicely.- Are you showing any effort to solve the problem yourself
Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2005 10:12
Quote: "your alright squid, dont let the peanut gallery get to you, sure you might be using temp media for now butim sure as your project grows you will attend to that."

Yeah, I don't see how its steeling media when I downloaded it from a free resource pack though. But still, I am gonna change it.
Thanks,
Squids.

Axelman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2005 21:51
Hi Squid

I just wanted to encourage you on this game you are making. To those people who are bagging you, don't worry about them. your game is in early stages so don't worry about it.

When its finished you'll show 'em!

Cya Later,
Axelman

43% of Percentages are made up on the spot.
Snaz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2005 22:23
Teh orignal game is better

Yo! My sig image was too big so a mod removed it. My sig should be under 600x120... thanks!
DBAlex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 02:57
Um yeah...Its all good saying squid is ok...and I agree...Just It kinda gets annoying when we only ever get title screens...I really believe in squid and want him to do well...Even though i posted that other crap...

I just wish hed show his progress more often

http://www.dbastudios.cjb.net
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 05:54
People here are MUCH too nice.

I mean if I made a GameMaker title screen with stolen graphics and posted it on the forum claiming it was DBP, the mods and users would be having serious cases of roid rage at me.

soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 07:25
Quote: "People here are MUCH too nice."

No they aren't, are you saying you want people to behave in a more negative way towards each other. I certainly don't

It's pretty simple really, if you're annoyed that there's no progress in this thread then don't post in it. Then you'll know that the only time it re-appears at the top of the board is because Squids Revenge has got something to say. Simple really.

Formely play2kill
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 08:37
Quote: " No they aren't, are you saying you want people to behave in a more negative way towards each other. I certainly don't"

Wow its surprising to hear an englishman say that

I think people here are too nice. A simple title screen doesn't take any time to make, and it shows no effort at all. What I'm amazed at, is this thread hasn't been locked, dispite the lack of real screenshots. I don't call a title screen progress, because its something that can be done in 5 minutes.

"Lets migrate like bricks" - Me
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 09:33 Edited at: 18th May 2005 09:38
Quote: "are you saying you want people to behave in a more negative way towards each other."

You did not understand me the slightest bit.

NO. I don't want people to behave negativly. I only want the damn truth for god's sake. If a guy shows a half-assed effort you tell him what's on your mind and what you think of it instead of giving the lame "Keep up the good work, atleast he's trying"

This has nothing to do with being rude. If I were to post work on the forums, and not really sure what people are going to think of it, I would in the very least expect honest feedback. If I post a screenshot that a user believes to be in-complete then I would appriciate him saying
"Buddy, a rotating grey cube isn't good enough. "

I realize people have thier own strengths and weaknesess. Some people can code around bullets, others can crank out wicked art. Showcase your strenghths whether it's a short demo or a 3d model/level or heck, even a completed Design Document. This isn't meant to take shots at newbies, just a wakeup call.

EDIT:
Other the years people seemed to have lost the meaning of "Work In Progress". I remember long ago users would post DBC games in the WIP forum featuring a level, models and early gameplay. Often included demos too. Nowadays a WIP qualifys as 3 sentences about the game, a title screen, and maybe a team request.

Quote: " I don't call a title screen progress, because its something that can be done in 5 minutes."

A voice of reason in the midst of insanity.

Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 10:10
I've been having problems with DBP, like loading an image and the wrong one shows up, that kind of stuff...

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 10:51
Could you describe more specificaly your game? I've never actualy played the original Driver, only the Playstation version.

Also tell us the progress you've done if you can't show it, as I would like to see some feedback in this thred that actualy is usefull to you.

Currently working on BlockMan Remix
Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 11:46
I can't really get anything done because:
I've been having problems with DBP, like loading an image and the wrong one shows up, that kind of stuff...
"

^^Weird...^^

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 11:50
You can't even tell us what you've done so far? Or is it that this bug has plauged you for so long that you haven't been able to make any progress worth showing?

Currently working on BlockMan Remix
Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 13:15
Quote: "You can't even tell us what you've done so far? Or is it that this bug has plauged you for so long that you haven't been able to make any progress worth showing?"

Yep... Thats it.

I'm gonna re do the code I do have in a new directory and everything.

Axelman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 13:43
Squid - maybe you should change the names of the media so they are significantly different and you don't get them mixed up, because if you have them to similar it can make it easier for yourself.

@ Megaton - i agree that people should be more honest on these forums - but telling them that they SUCK (and i quote) is not the way to do it. Try being more positive. If someone does something wrong you should give them some advice to improve, instead of kicking them in the teeth when they are down.

If i got this kind of feedback when i was a newbie coder i would have quit coding altogether, people really don't need this kind of support (If you can even call it that.)

Cya Later,
Axelman

43% of Percentages are made up on the spot.
Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 14:05
Squid - maybe you should change the names of the media so they are significantly different and you don't get them mixed up, because if you have them to similar it can make it easier for yourself.
"

Ok, I'll try that. I think 3D is easier... 2D is just confusing...
The only part I don't like about 3D is positioning the objects...

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2005 01:15
@ Megaton - i agree that people should be more honest on these forums - but telling them that they SUCK (and i quote) is not the way to do it. Try being more positive. If someone does something wrong you should give them some advice to improve, instead of kicking them in the teeth when they are down."

Again, I am not rude like that to everyone. Squid is just an exeption becasue he had a short history of "fraud" prior to this thread which makes him very hard for me to trust.

Squids Revenge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2005 08:18 Edited at: 19th May 2005 10:20
Then don't trust me! Who in the hell cares if you trust me or not!? If it's "scary" that you don't trust me then don't even post in this thread...
And "fraud" huh? Like what? What is fraud prior to this thread?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 06:20:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 06:20:59