Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / birds eye view camera

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2005 09:00
can anyone tell me how to position a camera to be directly looking down.

Dude
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2005 10:36 Edited at: 8th May 2005 10:37
This little function should do it, you can then y rotate the camera as you wish.

x,y & z are the position you are looking down on, height is the height you are above the point x,y,z

Does all the code make sence too you or would you like me to explain ?
Hope it helps

the chode
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2005 11:24
they make sense, but i would just like to know, a function is basically like a larger, user made command? (sort of?)

Dude
Ace Of Spades
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2005 11:37
A function is a group of commands that are executed by calling a predefined point in the code to appear as though it was placed at the point of call, and user-defined variables can be sent to a function as parameters.

So yes, it is basically a larger user-created command.

NanoBrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2005 23:18 Edited at: 8th May 2005 23:19
the chode,

A function can hold a set of calculations, or executions, which will be used over and over within or throughout a program.

In the snippet above, the program uses one function to create multiple values, itself having been given values. It then returns the values. After some mindjogging and experimenting, you will learn that functions are extremely valuble and useful, and that they are very efficient! They save on much space and much typing.

+NanoBrain+

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 19:31:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 19:31:14