Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / bitmap commands vs. image

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 15:34
Which is the way to go? Under what circumstances?
I've been using IMAGE commands in a 2D utility I'm creating. All's been fine (except for COPY IMAGE -program crashes), but should I have been using the BITMAP commands to create my User Interface? Thanks for any input.
NanoBrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 16:46
bitoart,

I do not have a direct answer for you. However, I will say that the bitmap commands are for 'behind-the-scenes' work. They are there so that you can edit and copy images without being displayed to the screen.

Have you thought about using sprites(SPRITE, PASTE SPRITE, ETC)? Sprite commands are quite fast and allow the animation of images, with good speed.

+NanoBrain+
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 22:59
bitoart,

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=34076&b=4

Please check out my thread in 2D all the way board. I go through most of the nuances of load bitmap vs. load image, and their effects; As well as the parameters. It's just too much too type agian.

simply put, I usually load bitmaps (using the ,1) parameter, followed by a get image command.

~zen

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 19:25:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 19:25:06