Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Cartoonish Space Shooter

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2005 14:13 Edited at: 11th May 2005 14:15
To all,

I am creating a cartoon style space shooter for a contest, with a deadline about a month and a half. I have just recently began its creation. Therefore, I have but a single screenshot of the untextured mesh of the player's ship.

So far, there is no storyline, due to the need to just get the game playable'. However, after the contest, if all goes well, I plan to extend the game with a storyline and a few other features.

Some of these features include FPS style gameplay mixed in. As to say, I have a vision of the player being enabled to not only shoot up ships in space. But, to also be able to port to some of these ships to fulfill missions, recharge etc. Also, the player should be able to land on planets to do the same. This is the general plan that I wish to fulfill.

I am now working on this project quite fervently, so expect more screenshots, and possibly a demo soon.

+NanoBrain+
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2005 20:19
This looks a bit like Spaceman Spiff. I'd say expand everything you want to do into planets, aliens, and space itslef similar to the Spaceman Spiff universe. You don't have to do that unless you really want to; I just love Spaceman Spiff.

Awesome looking hover/star ship!

p.s. CALVIN AND HOBBES RULEZ!!!!!!

Currently working on BlockMan Remix
Bestotr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2005 02:03
Looks freaky (the ship) ...

the style is cool, keep on doing !!
NanoBrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2005 13:38 Edited at: 15th May 2005 10:12
To all,

Alrighty, here are two screenshots of the ship with texture. I like the burnt effect on the jet engine. Bizar Guy and Bestotr, thank you for your input and motivation. The spaceship, ingame, will include a transparent bubble dome.

+NanoBrain+
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2005 19:55
Looks and sounds awesome.

NanoBrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2005 21:20
To all,

I am new to the creation of bodies in modeling. However, here is an attempt at what came to be a rocket alien/robot? It will be implemented into the fps/tps(3rd person shooter) part of the game, if all goes well.

+NanoBrain+
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2005 01:26
the game sounds nice!

The models are good by the way!

Visit PanzerGames here
NanoBrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 10:09 Edited at: 15th May 2005 10:16
To all,

I am in the process of creating the character which will be the avatar in the pilot seat of the player's spaceship. Below is a screenshot of the helmet.

I hope to have the intro sequence up and ready for you all to view sometime later tonight. If all goes well.

The Nerd,

Thank you very much for your positive input.

+NanoBrain+
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 12:42
Everything sounds really good, but I'm having trouble seeing how thats a helmet. I guess I'll just wait until you finish the model!

It would be nice to see the intro sequence, hope everything goes well!

NanoBrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 16:03 Edited at: 15th May 2005 16:04
To all,

I am close to the conclusion of the introduction. I am having some technical difficulties in which I must debug. Its viewing might not come until after I catch some sleep tonight. However, I have completed the molded mesh of the pilot. See below.

Bizar Guy,

A helmet was the first image I recieved in mind when I designed the head of the pilot...hehe. In the end, I have come to a neat duck cliche of a character. I still believe that I want it to have on a helmet, given the shape and circumstance.

+NanoBrain+
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 21:54
I see now. Main character looks pretty good!

NanoBrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 04:47
To all,

I have decided to extend the introduction with a few neat ideas that have come to mind. Therefore, it will be a bit longer until I have it up to demo. However, I will be posting screenshots as I go.

+NanoBrain+

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 06:15:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 06:15:13