Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Making a simple first person shooter

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2005 02:28
Hi. Do any of you people know how to make the code for constructing the bullets as in making the enemy respond when you shoot them?

Now, look here Onion boy...
Ace Of Spades
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2005 05:25
Monster Hunt Tutorial.

Im only "Apolloed" In Spirit
BF game programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 13:19
just make a gosub function and make an object. then say if mouseclick = 1 then move object 1 and then make it spinn by adding y rotate object 1 and whatever then say if mouseclick = 0 then delete object 1 or something like that you can look in the fps tutorial if you need the code . its in the hel bar!

james bond rules and star wars
NanoBrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 21:49
The cheese sandwich,

Do you want the enemy to respond only when the gunfire is within a certain distance away? As for cause and effect, the code needed to be written for the reaction of the enemy wholly depends on what that reaction is.

I would code in a way that if the gunfire is shot from within a maximum distance, set by you, then the enemy reacts. His reaction could be turning towards the location of the gunfire, or some simple animation. As for the code, in the way I just stated I would do it, look below.

The code above is not executable, but serves as a basic example.

+NanoBrain+

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 19:32:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 19:32:50