Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Any way to seek audio?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2005 00:27
Is there anyway to get the position of a .wav file, and make it sound like it's looping?

Like seek to a spot that is repeated in the music then make a memblock and somehow make a record of that spot so it can be looped forever without hearing the starting of the music?
Zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2005 13:32
Anyone? I really could use some help, i need to make a PCM track i have already loop after a certien point in the song.
NanoBrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2005 14:51
Zer0,

Shouldn't you just load a loopable seamlessable clip, and then use the loop sound command to loop it? This might not be what you're needing to know.

+NanoBrain+
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2005 21:27
Or just download a free wav editor like Audacity and crop the bit out you want.

Three Score
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2005 03:54
maybe he has the theory of putting all his music in 1 wav file and then listeneing to only a strip at a time to make less media
although that is a stupid idea

formerly shadows of emptiness
NanoBrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2005 09:04
Zer0,

Is Offset of reality correct in his sayings?

+NanoBrain+
Zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2005 13:25
No, I wanted to take something I and some guys out together its in wav format and it ends, but in my game I don't want it to end, I want to play through, then reconnect somwehere in the middel of the song, so it gives the effect of an endless song.

Kind of what consoles do, they play the whole song then when it ends they just repeat a part of it, so it sounds like it never ends.
master programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2005 08:26
OK. That sound weird, but I have a solution.
Open a wav editor, perferabbly something like Wav editor, or just something you can load what ever type of music (.mp3, .mid, etc). Go to where you want it to start to repeat, then cut everything before that off. Save the thing, then go back to Dark Basic or your programming thing.

Then, use this:

Yeah, you can kindof play and fit that into your game, but that's the general idea, and probably very logical, and that's what I would do.

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2005 18:07
I have tryed that, the only problem is when the second mpeg starts to play there is a brife pause, it's not the 2 mpegs because I can go into a wave editor and paste them together it turns out flawless.

Anymore ideas?
Zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2005 05:18
I have an idea but I don't have the slightest clue on how I would do it.

I know the exact position in bytes of where my music loops, would it be possible to use memblocks to make it loop based off

A starting position of the song
The inital loop position (where it begins to loop)
A end position?

Would this seem like it would be a seemless loop?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 19:35:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 19:35:40