Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Lite Edit v1.11 Great for creating FPI Scripts!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2005 15:59
Hey Guys,

check this out here ---> http://www.reumuth.com/programming/download/liteedit.zip

This is really a cool text editor for creating FPI Scripts!!

This text editor has Syntax Highlighting, Autonumbers, indent, Autosave of fpi files, The works!! And it's completely FREE TOO!!!

Enjoy!

Best Regards,

DoctorWho...
DrWho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2005 19:46
Quote: "You have the wrong fourm. Lite does not program in FPI.
"

No!! I have the right forum. And YES you can program in FPI!
You need to go try again because this is a Text Editor,
And it's completely customizable to any file type. You make those settings in the Preferences of the editor... Then you can code in FPI afterwards.

Quote: "Infact it is pretty well outdated."

According to whom???? You? No.. I believe if you go check it out again, You'll find otherwise!

Quote: "Please try again."

Now you go try again.

Best Regards,

DoctorWho...
DrWho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2005 13:00
Oh Com' on man!!

Once you get the program setup, It's easy as pie to code in!
I've already written a few C++ files, Assembly, And FPI..
And as far as the command set of the FPI language is concerned..
All I did was cut-in paste it into the input field.. Walah'..
For a program written in fortran, I find it well done. You are not
going to find a program anywhere thats going to do all of the work
for you! You as the user are required to make a little effort with
the application in question to some degree. Even FPS Creator requires the user to have some knowledge of the application in order to use it properly. Why do you think TGC made it possible to
write your own scripts? If you want a game that is going to be original in the way it functions, Then your going to be required to learn the FPI Scripting Language in order to achieve such results.
Im' sure even TGC would agree with this.

Best Regards,

DoctorWho...
DrWho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2005 12:36
ok,

Maybe you personally don't like this editor, But that doesn't mean that others on these forums wouldn't like it! Everybody is entitled
to thier opinions on certain software such as this one. I however
have found it fairly easy to use & setup for working with FPI Script
files, As well as C++ and other programming languages too! With any
software utility that is developed for an end-user to use. You're
always going to find some people that will totally hate it! And you will find others that will completely love it! Everybody is different in what they like in software.. As an example..
I know alot of people that love developing websites with Dreamweaver. But I personally hate the application due to it's overall design. I use NetObjects Fusion 7 instead.. This is just a mere example though. So your comments below here will be answered.

Quote: "I never said i wanted something to do it for me. I want something that is pre programed for FPI"

Basically speaking.. You want something already PRE-Developed with all of the FPI commands already in the application along with the application already associated with FPI files so you wont have to do any setting up of nothing in any application, right? This is thus what I mentioned previously in my last post. It's not that difficult to make these simple settings in the Preferences of the
LiteEdit application man. If you want an editor application already
pre-setup with everything.. then I would suggest to you to go look for such an application.. I know there is already one in existance here on the forum.. I was merely staing that LiteEdit was also a very nice editor application to use for Scripting in FPI as well. And it isn't difficult to setup either.

Quote: "AND has an easy to use interface (I still haven't been able to get it to detect any programing from several of the included languages)."

I find it's interface extremely easy to use. I don't know why your having such a hard time with it.

Quote: "And I KNOW the FPI SCRIPT, I don't like it but I do KNOW it."

Yeah.. Im' learning the FPI Scripting Language fairly quick myself.
But the scripting language should be a little bit more meaningful though.

Best Regards,

DoctorWho...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:50:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:50:54