Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Sword Movement-need help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 02:51
Hey all,
Im making the combat system for my game "Pirates of Port Royale" (http://expage.com/piratesmainpage), and i want to make it where when you click and drag a certain direction the sword swings that direction. How could i do that?

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Go to the code snippets and search up for mouse realted sword swinging or somethin like that or go to game design theory there's a nice peice of code at one of those, i might have posted it at my boards for you.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 04:35
ok, cool, thanks, i found one sword code thing, but it just swings, doesnt follow the mouse. Ill look though.

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 04:58
k, i looked and i found this. Its cool, but too flimsy, what could i do to control it better?

Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 05:17 Edited at: 15th May 2005 05:17
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 07:03
cool, thanks

Lame Brain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2005 11:27
Quote: " ok, cool, thanks, i found one sword code thing, but it just swings, doesnt follow the mouse. Ill look though."

would you mind posting a linkk to it? I'm still looking for something like this. thanx!

Another hair-brained idear from... LAME BRAIN!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 23:28:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 23:28:06