Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Easy DBP Site Search Tool

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 11:55 Edited at: 18th May 2005 11:08
Ok, I have noticed that there is really no way to search for threads across the entire site in every board at once(or at leas not that works), so I have created a search method to do this. You will be able to search every thread on the DBP site that is in any board.

The only problem is that only threads create from this point on will appear in the results. Still developing it a little bit, but it works. The url is:
http://davidzworld.net/TGC/

[edit]
nevermind, i just tried the global thread search on this site again, and it seems to work now. O.well. I will find some use for my work

Im only "Apolloed" In Spirit
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 12:41
googles advanced search feature does a better job im afraid, but good work for attempting something, as thats always a good thing.

If no-one gives your an answer to a question you have asked, consider:- Is your question clear.- Did you ask nicely.- Are you showing any effort to solve the problem yourself
Ace Of Spades
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2005 06:47 Edited at: 17th May 2005 07:48
Ok, now im working on a full-blown content system of TGC Forums. Just for the purpose of seing what I can all do. Anyway... you can view my progress at:

http://www.davidzworld.net

you click on a subject, then click on a specific link.

Currently, it only loads the first post of a thread, but im working on it.

Its hard to parse the hell out of TGC(hope they don't mind).

[edit] my goal in the end is to have the ability to type a question about programming or a tgc product, and it will show the exact post with the most likely results with the option to view the entire thread.

-----------------------------------------------------
[edit] smily test to make it easier to parse out

Don't think i need to add ones under "more" tab, dont think they are used all that often.

Ace Of Spades
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 11:06 Edited at: 18th May 2005 11:23
Now you can search through the TGC forum base and have it match your query with either a thread title, or a posted message. Still tons more to get it all working exactly as needed, but im getting there. New url: http://www.davidzworld.net/TGC/

[edit]
testing search after edit...ignore:

*&$ GRASS ; grass ; owwol

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 19:31:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 19:31:11