Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / I need help with a script (not a dumb question)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2005 14:05 Edited at: 26th May 2005 10:34
ok i seriously need help with this script.
its supposed to be a computer screen that when you go up to it, you press enter and it cahnges its texture to a news cast and plays a news wav file. after its finished playing, it gous back to the original texture.

the sound is the problem...
when i use "3dsound" it skips, when i use "SOUND", it doesent play at all

when i use "MUSIC" or "loopsound", it plays fine, but it loops, and i dont want it to do that.

can any one help??

[EDIT]

ALSO.....
i need help with something else...

i need help to make a HALO-style weapon system.

i.e. player can only hold 2 weapons and if they already have 2 weapons, then they need to "swap" one of theire weapons.

i can do some scripting, so if sombody could maybe start this script for me (i have no idea how to approach it) i could help finish it or something and release it to the community.

-I will beat anyone in HALO2!
BULLSHOCK
Years of Service
User Offline
if anyone wants to take a look at the fpi script for the file im using, its in the "Source" of the above postor its written below...

;Artificial Intelligence Script

;Header

desc = Display a custom message on screen

;Triggers

:state=0:hudreset,hudx=50,hudy=90,hudimagefine=gamecore\text\user\prompts\newsmessage.tga,hudname=usedoorprompt,hudhide=1,hudmake=display,state=1
:state=1,plrdistwithin=50:hudshow=usedoorprompt,hudfadeout=usedoorprompt
:state=1,plrdistwithin=60,plrusingaction=1:state=3
:state=3:alttexture=1,music=audiobank\user\news.wav,:state=4
:state=4:alttexture=0

;End of Script

BULLSHOCK
Years of Service
User Offline
Why is no one posting? are you all as stumped as i am? ok, well try this question:

is there a way for different guns to have different bulletholes, because when i found the dds files for the bullet holes, there was only one picture there...

can anyone help me out HERE?

BULLSHOCK
Years of Service
User Offline
hey thanks so much, i tried it, and beleive it or not, you fixed the sound problem!
thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 06:04:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 06:04:20