Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Fps Game help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2005 07:08
hey, im makeing a 3d fps game called gunslave, iv got the basics working but need help
1.how can i make a recoil effect to make my gun look like it is fireing
2.is it possible to make it so that i can get in to veicles
3.BIG PROBLEM, my controls suck i want w,s,a,d but when i press more that 2 direction my charicter freezes n i have to re press the buttons, and i cant move diagonaly

all help is greatly appreciated
thanks, dan

(ps)screen shot of game so far is enclosed

To truely Pwn, You have to pwn in all games

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Freddy 007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2005 22:45
I think that I can only help you with number 3.

Do you use the inkey$ command, or the keystate() command? It sounds like you're using inkey. If you do, change it to keystate.

It will look like this(if you want WASD movement) :

More or less.

*** PANZERGAMES ***
RiiDii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2005 02:33 Edited at: 20th May 2005 02:36
1) Depends on how you are handling the gun. If it's part of an animated object, then the recoil would be best as an animation sequence. If the gun is an object, then you are probably positioning it every sync, so, when the gun fires, offset the gun a little (i.e. Move Object Up GunID,2), after the normal positioning code. This will then show the gun as offset (recoiled) during the sync, but will return to it's normal position the next sync. If the gun is a limb, but not part of animated object, then you will need manually offset the limb when the gun is fired, and return the gun to the original position afterwards.

2) It will be tough to get into/out of a vehicle. Well, basically, it's not extremely complicated, but it is a lot of work. You would need an animation getting inside the vehicle, and an animation for getting out fo the vehicle, animations for not in vehicles, animations for driving each vehicle. Edit: Then there is the fine-tuning. Making sure everything lines up correctly - i.e. the feet aren't sticking out the bottom of the plane, or the head isn't smashed through the windshield.

3) You got a Klu on this one already.

"Droids don't rip your arms off when they lose." -H. Solo
REALITY II
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2005 19:45
Hey daniel, its me alastair, ill send u some recoil stuff on msn, or on the forums later, coz this guy wants some recoil code too, (the guy thats making desert dead), as i said, ill help u out with vehicles, even though ive never done that before lol, ud prbably have to...umm..hide the gun, and then somehow switch to third person mode, somehow....and about the movement, when KLU 007 said if keystate(17) then move forward...that doesnt work, when u go on msn ill sne du the code for that...

Oh, and about that AI u asked me about, i think you're best asking the people here about AI, I'm crap at AI, i just make the enemies point to u and move forward lol, but i can help u with 1 and 2 on msn, and then perhaps post here the code that that guy wants...

see ya in school

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120...
Caboose
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2005 02:25
thanks guys the wsad thing worked im already chuffed
and the gun, i think it is a limb :S or an object :S
i dont know ! ahh lol

To truely Pwn, You have to pwn in all games

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 19:22:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 19:22:12